1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is the food better at the hoop dee doo or the aloha luau?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by goofygal, Mar 22, 2011.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

Which one of the two disney dinner shows has the best food in your opinion? and what food do they now do anyway? The menus seem a bit old so they may have changed ?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Haven't done the luau. And having done the real thing in Hawaii several times feel I might be sorely disappointed in the Disney version. However, we have done Hoop Dee Doo many times and the menu is pretty much the same. Ribs, Fried Chicken, Baked Beans & Mashed potatoes. I believe it also used to include corn on the cob. The meal is followed up with a scrumptious strawberry shortcake. It also includes all you care to drink: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Root Beer, Sprite, Orange, Pink Lemonade, Iced Tea, Apple Juice, Milk, Chocolate Milk, Hot Tea, Coffee, Draft Bud Light, Chardonnay, Rose, Sangria, and Merlot[/FONT]

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Not sure if you mean the spirit of aloha or the makahiki luau .
    We've done both and the Hoop Dee Doo. I'd say without a doubt that the food is better at the makahiki luau, then the spirit of aloha, then Hoop dee Doo.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

see just goes to show different people with different tastes, I'd have ranked them hoop dee doo, seaworld luau, disney luau

For me, the ribs, chicken, beans, mash etc etc are better than the chicken and rice which seems to be the main bits of the luau.

5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Another vote for the HDD :thumbsup: We thought the food was really pretty nice and the show made up for anything that was lacking. We will be booking again this trip :yes:

6. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

Thanks every one we booked both in the end :wiggle:

7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

good call :thumbsup: