1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Is the wait for Harry Potter really worth it?

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by keith, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

For me the ride (Forbidden Journey) was fab. It was an advancement on Spiderman. Cannot praise this one enough.

What let me down was the stuff around the edges that Disney (just about) still do better.

For example the show building in which the ride is in is painted grey and from certain angles can be seen quite clearly and it kind of spoils the look of the castle.

From what i have seen from the photos of the new part it's the same again with the rollercoater behind. It just doesn't fit.

The majority of the staff are either British or American putting on a British accent.

If you want a good game to play, you can play spot the artificial british accent with the staff in the Wizzarding World.

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter but I no there are a few continuity issues between the film, the books and the parks in regards to how the shops are located etc.

The downside to that of course is the rest of islands of adventure now looks old in comparison.

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Not a fan :eek:

muggle

Clarkkent and Tony G like this.
  3. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

:)

I've tried to read the books, but I just can't get into them. The films are the same. I am up to number five and just lose interest.

I enjoyed reading Lord of the rings/hobbit when I was younger (do not like those films) and just feel that Harry Potter is a rip off of that really.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We didn't enter US until around 10am. We just worked our way around the park and did the train ride when we came across it.
    I was really underwhelmed by the train ride but I haven't read the books or seen the movies.
    We did the ride three times over one and a half days at US and IoA just because it was quicker than walking from one park to the other.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I loved the books (the movies don't do them justice, not by a LONG way) and when I read your "I was really underwhelmed by the train ride" I thought back to the hogwarts express parts of the book and my little heart lept with joy :lol: As a muggle, you're just not gonna get it :hug2:

sarah likes this.
  6. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Even though i've said what I've said, i'm still looking forward to visiting the new Harry Potter (even though I am a muggle).

:)

7. Skywatcher

Hogwarts express !!! :mental:

Do they serve pumpkin pasties and chocolate frogs on it ?!

Why why why didn't they do it in this country ? - It could have been amazing and great for tourism - when you look at how well parks like Alton towers / Thorpe park etc have come on in terms of customer service, theming etc we wouldn't be as apathetic as we were a few years back.
    The cast members at the Leavesden studios were absolutely brilliant - just like CMs

8. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

That would be down to Ms Rowling.

She wanted it done properly.

I believe she was the one that approached Disney originally as she wanted the assurances that it would be done 'properly'. When Disney wouldn't give her overall creative control in swooped Universal and the rest is history.

I always wonder what job Disney would have done if they had harry potter.

One thing's for sure if they had it, it would still be being built :D

Coolape likes this.
  9. Skywatcher

Well universal could have still built it here /Scotland - they have port aventura in Spain

10. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

:laughabove:

11. Coolape

Coolape Addicted to Mickey

I could live in Harry Potters land. That food hall in the movies looks awesome.

We've seen the actual hall in warner studios and they had all the display food out for show. They looked delicious. :)

12. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

We are going there next Friday! We are really looking forward to it!

Coolape likes this.