1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

It is possible to visit a disney resort or hotel we're not staying at?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by MonorailMick, Jun 3, 2010.

1. MonorailMick

MonorailMick Earning my ears

It is possible to visit a disney resort or hotel we're not staying at? we'd really like to see the polynesian but dont want to get into trouble and what do we say at the guard stations?

If we can, what are the dos and donts? I've already been shouted at elsewhere for asking could we use the pool so yes I know we cant do ~that~
  2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Oooh wonder where that was. :wink:

Yes you can visit a resort. If you tell the CM manning the parking lot booth you just want to have a look around they'll give you a parking pass for I think it is 2 hours.

No you can't use the pools. :D Basically if everyone who stayed at the All Stars decided to hit the pool at the Poly it would be dangerous and there'd be no room for the Poly guests. That's the non-shouty way of explaining it. :D

You can use the restaurants and any other pay for facilities like cycle rental and boat hire. Or you can just stroll around or chill out in their bars.

In fact I'd fully recommend a day touring the other resorts. :thumbsup:
  3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Yep ,when we didn't have kids we often spent a whole day on the buses looking at the other resorts

TBH I have no idea how they would police the odd few people who wanted to have a dip in another hotels pool if you did it subtely enough
  4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

At the Beach Club they check your room card before letting you in the pool area.
  5. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Ah ok , well they dont at the Wilderness Lodge, or they haven't done ever as far as I can tell. Maybe they do at the more exciting pools
  6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ts really not worth the risk to do any unauthorised pool hopping IMHO.
    Imagine the embarrassment if one of the CM`s asked you to leave. :nono:
  7. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

at long last on our last trip we visited a disney resort hotel, the boardwalk, and i was gobsmaked how awesome it was, it was the first time id ever stepped foot onsite and loved it. will defo have to visit a few more next trip :yes:
  8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We particularly love to visit the various resorts during the Christmas season to see how they are all decorated.
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Visiting resorts is a nice way to spend a day!

I've seen CMs at the Boardwalk pool check ID's and (quite unpleasantly) order a group of people to leave. I don't know how true it is, but it's reported to have a lot of non-guest traffic in their pool. :shrug: I dislike the clown so can't imagine wanting to swim there on purpose! :lol:

Since the Polynesian was mentioned, that is our least favorite Deluxe pool. No hot tub, and that is one of the things we most enjoy. :shrug: We aren't huge fans of the Poly overall, but it's well worth a stop by visit.

There are two groups of hotels that are easy to visit. The monorail resorts (that won't take you to the Wilderness Lodge, so be sure to save time to visit there. It's the nicest one in that area)! And the resorts on the lagoon just outside of EPCOT. You can walk the circle of resorts easily, having a good old browse in each one. :yes:
  10. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

We love to visit the different resorts! But we always use WDW transportation, so it's not a problem....they just think that's your "home" base! It's especially easy on the monorail because you can visit 3 of the resorts pretty easily and maybe have a meal there if you plan ahead a bit. I like to visit the shop and see what interesting things may be there. And it is fun to just sit in the lobby and get the pulse of the resort and whether it is somewhere you may want to stay in the future. :wiggle: