1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

It's here!!

Discussion in 'Mouse on the Move' started by Lisa1976, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

:unsure: so I take it from that we are up and running :unsure: do you love it yet Lisa ?

Still not had 5 minutes to download the lightroom trial :rolleyes:

Aperture 3 was far too buggy for me and would not import any of my iPhotos no matter what I did , I wcould transfer 1 photo at a time but that kinda defeats the whole point dunnit?

2. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

Yes, I am now up and running, phew thank goodness!!!

I did buy the official apple case but its horrid complete waste of £30 so that is going on Ebay. Ordered myself a nice one from Ebay along with a couple of screen protectors, so once they arrive I can take it out into the world :)

Hmm, perhaps I may download Lightroom then. I have always used Aperture to process my Raw files before transfering them to Tiff to work with in Photoshop. Is Lightroom vastly expensive?

3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

fab have lorra fun!

4. Skywatcher

The apple case looks cheap and nasty but IMHO it is practically very useful - the simle conversion to teh wedge is great and I have used it so much moresince I got it, it also adds no weight or bulk to the device - but to each their own

I should imagine that lightroom from scratch would cost as much as aperture from scratch, if you alrady have aperture then an upgrade would be much cheaper

5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

In the FWIW department.

Just yesterday received our iPad screen protectors that I ordered from PowerSupport. Got the matt ones. They also have them in gloss. They were fairly expensive ($25 each) but oh so worth it!

I put them on both my and my DW's iPads last night and it feels soooo good to use. Provides protection for the screen and doesn't seem to interfere at all with the touch sensitivity.

But the best bit is this; no more fingerprints on the screen! :banana:

Tom :)macwave:... protected!)

6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Im not sure which case to get as the apple one says ships in 4-5 weeks :thud:

7. Skywatcher

Well I wouldn't be without mine Josh - Lisa has said on another thread ( not my Lisa) that she isconsidering selling hers so drop her a PM - personally I think they rock!

8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

me too! :yes:

I've always been a huge fan of the powersupport screen protectors for the iphone and I'm pleased to say the ipad ones are just as good and mega easy to install (unlike some of the lesser brands!)

I always get the crystal ones.

At the moment I've got a crystal screen overlay and a "nude" ooo ahhh missus, very thin plastic see through case on the back/sides. This works better for me than the apple case since it doesnt add any bulk at all to the device and the full beauty shines through :yes:

Welcome to SwitchEasy

9. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Ohhh... nude! That looks pretty good! I may have to try one of those. I like the fact that they include a couple of portable stands with it. I want get something other than the Incase cast that I've currently got. It just makes the iPad too bulky in my opinion. I may try your "nude" (don't look) and one of these Targus cases for protection while I'm carting my iPad around.

Tom :)macwave:... always with trying something new.)

10. Skywatcher

hmm looks nice but I use the cover to protect the screen and I do like the wedge I'm afraid so its the apple cover for me although they do look lovely

11. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

Hiya Josh

Yeah I wasn't impressed with it to be honest, but if you want it, brand new in box, its yours for £20 plus P&P. Let me know :)

12. Skywatcher

Bargain Josh :yes: