1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

It's Official! The "I'm Turning 40 NOT Getting Married for Goodness Sake" Pre-trip Report Part V

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Beccaberry, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

:mental: :tralala: We are at T-minusus FOUR weeks :mental: :tralala:

So, perhaps an update then?

First up, Food & Wine Festival Premium Events!

After a two-hour wait at dawn (little d, not big D), in what can only be described as OCD behavior at it's best, I finally rang through to a CM on August 13 to book the two premium events we wanted during our stay. I haven't worked that hard since the bygone years of Cinderella Breakfast BCC (before credit cards). But in the end, I was rewarded...with coffee AND our two events!

Grass-Vodka.jpg
    Event 1:
    Mixology Seminar -
    Monday, September 30, 2013
    Russian Standard (Russia)
    Michael "Bumby" Bombard
    Russian Standard Vodka
    Russian Standard Gold Vodka
    ZU Vodka

Andrew is already threatening to usurp me and attend this one w/ Jon in my place. To be honest, I hadn't even thought about HIM going, but I'll probably let him. Boys time/Girls time sounds like a fun afternoon!

1151034_10201894838115614_144292107_n.jpg

Event 2:
    Mexican Tequila Lunch
    Enjoy the flavors of an unforgettable fiesta as you learn all about traditional Mexican tequila. Imbibe on a diverse series of samples, each one chosen to complement several selected cuisines from various regions throughout the country. (Andrew can take this one from me when he pries it from my clammy, salt and lime covered hands.)

Also, after MUCH anticipation; and thanks to a gentle reminder (and great advice) from USCWest, Wendy and Keith, we have managed to secure a reservation at California Grill. Well, actually, I managed to secure THREE reservations at the CG, but after much hemming, hawing and begging for advice we have decided on the 7:40 reservation on Monday, September 30. I am trying very hard not to have any per-conceived ideas about where we'll be seated, or the fireworks themselves, and instead simply focus on the menu, the wine list, and the atmosphere in general - anything else will just be a bonus :)

california-grill-00.jpg

Let's see...what else? Oh yes! As we were sitting on the MCO tarmac last Thursday waiting for our flight home to depart, I turned to Baleigh and said, "WOW. I just realized how very spoiled we were by the magic bands this trip; we are going to miss them in September!" Not 10 minutes later, I received a text from Johnie. We've been selected to try out the bands in September as well!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: So, as soon as we returned home (and I slept for about 18 hours straight) I logged in, customized our new bands, and they arrived this morning! (Side note: Baleigh and I COULD have used the bands from our trip last week, but we wanted to try a new color. Well, she did, I just ordered another pink one :wink: )

bands.JPG

We also received our DME tags, luggage tags (thanks, Johnie!), and cashed in our "penny jar" this week. We were ALL shocked to find that our "penny jar" had over $200 in it! Straight to Target to purchase gift cards!

photo(1).JPG

$200 buys a LOT of slushies and ice wine, though I have my eye and a couple of other items that might win out...

vba109424SMALL.jpg vba240942SMALL.jpg

I think that's about it for now...I started back to school yesterday, so it will prove to be a race to the finish for our trip - it has certainly kept me motivated though!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

:lol: I am a Mind Reader!!! AND a Magician! I make things happen :wink:

I can't wait to hear about California Grill (though you might want to check you've made the ADR for September 30th not October 30th).

Figment likes this.
  3. Beccaberry

DOH! Seriously, I probably shouldn't even get out of bed before that second cup of coffee in the morning. Yes, it is INDEED for September 30 :)

4. Beccaberry

Last night, all four of us were sat on Jon and I's bed talking about the last of our ADR's and I ran across a live stream of last night's opening of MNSSHP. As we were watching the fireworks, Baleigh shook her head a bit and said, "It seems so weird that Disney actually still happens when we're not there." I laughed at first, brushing it off as another "Baleigh Moment", and then I thought more about what she said. I realized her words touched upon exactly why we love Disney so very much - no matter how many people are there, and no matter how big Disney becomes, they continue to have a way of making people feel special - as if they parks exists solely for them.

THIRTEEN DAYS! And counting!

5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

She is such a cool kid! An old soul that one ;)

Beccaberry likes this.