1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

It's Official! The "I'm turning forty NOT getting married, for goodness sake!" PRE trip report Part

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Beccaberry, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Next "Bucket List" Item booked....

Every fairytale has to have fireworks, right?

As you know, Andrew will be "Dining with an Imagineer" for lunch on the 25th. For those wondering, YES, he knows, NO I didn't tell him...but I HAVE learned that his little sister is a dirty rat! ( :wink: Actually, I LOVE that they are so close they can't keep secrets from one another - it's the best gift ever)

Well, the excitement of the day won't be stopping there...the fun continues after dark! Later that evening, we'll continue ticking things off our "Bucket List" as we embark on our very own Fireworks Cruise to see Illuminations in EPCOT!!! We'll depart right from the Yacht & Beach Club dock! (SERIOUSLY, RIGHT FROM OUR RESORT!) :itstrue:

They are even going to decorate the boat for his birthday!! :mental: :mental: :mental:

pontoon.jpg

"Drop anchor for the world-class fireworks of EPCOT during an enchanting evening cruise. Experience the fireworks within Epcot when your pontoon boat sails up International Gateway near World Showcase Lagoon."

I'm thinking that as we get closer to our departure date, I'll call and order some "adult" beverages and food to be served during the cruise. This has ALWAYS been something I've longed to do, and Illuminations is our family's favorite firework show, so it was sort of a no-brainer! Special thanks (again) to our wonderful TA, Johnie Angell for sitting on the phone forEVER to secure this on a day when I just couldn't find the time to call...you're the best!
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Excellent news Becca, you are going to have the best time ever and the pontoon boat sure looks comfy :D

It's nice that your two are so close and don't keep secrets, it's just another example of what a wonderful mum you are that makes your family the way they are :hug2:
  3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Hmm, maybe you shouldn't have told Baleigh either. :taunt:

Sounds like you have a great trip planned.
  4. Beccaberry

Doesn't it though? :D Just imagine it with banners and balloons!

Awwww, thanks Wen. :hug2: That's nice of you to say (and especially well timed today).

John, yes, I guess I'll have to plan a surprise that I don't tell EITHER of them about!!
  5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

wow!!!!!!!

:worship:
  6. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Yay :mental:

Could you think about what I said about watching your trip on tv?? I bet you could make it happen :D
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You are a fabulous MOM!!! This is going to be such a wonderful vacation. Sooooo, engagement photo shoot booked yet? :D :D :D
  8. Beccaberry

Ok, so after giving it some thought and contacting some of my favorite nerd sidekicks :geekon: I am actually considering this. Clearly not the whole trip, but perhaps some v-logs here and there? What do you think? Would anyone be interested?

Not yet...but my "official" last day of contract is today, so I'll have all summer to make plans (and then obsess over them) :wink:

HOWEVER! Before I make THOSE reservations (which still frighten me!), let me tell you about the reservations, I'll be making for the official, Unofficial Celebration of My 40th Birthday and the man who puts up with me :wink:

Plans for Sunday, September 29:

THE KIDS ARE FLYING SOLO!!!
    I get asked SO often why we "always go back to Disney" and while we all know there are no less then a MILLION reasons, this is one of my favorite. Where else can I go and feel confident leaving my children to their own devices for a day? Granted they are 20 and 14, but they've been exploring Disney independently for several years together, heck they know the parks and the bus system better than I do! Give them their room card (or bracelet as the case may be) and they are good to go for the day! So Sunday is brother/sister day in the parks, while Jon and I go have a romantic day for two beginning with...

Spa1.jpg

Followed by....

SPA2.jpg

And finally, for dinner...Todd English's Blue Zoo

todd-english-bluezoo-00.jpg

Afterwards, we plan to reconnect with the kiddos and perhaps wander the Boardwalk (if I'm even able to move after such an indulgent day) :)
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  9. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Umm...YES!!!

As for the rest of it...I don't even have words! :thud:
  10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Sounds wonderful SD. We are doing Blue Zoo for the first time in December. Looking forward to hearing your report. Of course I'm sure that most of it will only be pertinent to me as Donna, who doesn't do fish is indulging me.
  11. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You even have to ask!!!! Of course we would love it :D It will help with my Disney blues after we get home.

You romantic day sounds devine :D
  12. Mamabear

Mamabear Earning my ears

It's Official! The "I'm turning forty NOT getting married, for goodness sake!"

Oh wow !

Joshy and JackJacks Mummy