1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

It's the final countdown....

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Beccaberry, Aug 13, 2009.

1. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

glad your having a fab time hun.....a big Hi to you and everyone you meet up with! :hug2:

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Kouzzina...very interesting :) More on that later.

But, a little story first.

While "people watching" in EPCOT yesterday, Andrew was reading a book by Julie and Mike Neal entitled, "The Complete Walt Disney World 2009 - A Definitive Disney Handbook"

A young lady walked by and then paused for a moment to speak to us. She said, "I just wanted to say thank you for purchasing that book, it was written by me and my parents, and it's great to see people reading it." Clearly surprised (and excited over having met one of the authors) we chatted with her for some time, thanked her for stopping by and then parted company.

Now, we have truly enjoyed this book. It is a fantastic companion not only for planning a trip, but also for taking along on your daily excursions. It is filled with incredible information on so many topics! Everything from wait times and height restrictions to interesting facts about the animal life found at WDW. We passed much of our "line standing" time exclaiming, "DID YOU KNOW..." and then sharing fun, informative tidbits of knowledge. Johnie and I can highly recommend this book to anyone planning a first trip, or just as a breath of fresh air to a seasoned Disney veteran.

So! Anyway, fast forward to tonight at Kouzzina. We've paid our bill and are on our way out of the restaurant when Andrew walks up and says, "Guess who I just saw? That girl from yesterday who's parents wrote the Disney book!" Johnie and I, having never met a stranger (not for long anyway) approached their table and introduced ourselves. The young lady remembered us almost immediately and her father introduced himself to us and we chatted for a bit exchanging pleasantries and explaining to him how much we'd enjoyed his book over the past week. It was truly a wonderful experience, and Mike, if you perchance make your way over to our little corner of the world, :secrets3: and thank you again for such an amazing contribution to our favorite place on Earth :)

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well, gee. That's wicked cool, but WHAT ABOUT THE RESTAURANT???? :lol:

Did you like it?

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

ohoh! Yes I liked it very very much! They had an amazing pastichio that was huge and very rich. Andrew did not like it but he swore it was covered in cinnamon. He's just bitter we didn't go back to Chefs de France :)

We paid oop for spanokopita, various spreads (I recommend the fig one YUM) and calamari. They are working out the kinks a bit and our server was given strict orders for no substitutions with the menu items. However, it seems other servers weren't so strict. Oh well. It was all very good.

5. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

so what kind of pricing are we looking at there? I am a HUGE fan of Chef Cat Cora and would love to eat there!

6. Johnie

Hmmm good question, we took pics of the menu. I'll try to get them up later.

7. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

8. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Well if I am on the right track then you and Johnie can be in-laws :bounce:

9. Johnie

:tongue: Alysia is gorgeous but not tall........the cutie in question would be Robin, Dizneyblonde's DD. She is just gorgeous and so tall. I wish I was that tall and I thought I was tall haha apparently not.