1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Jambo House vs Kidani Village

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by DisneyFreak, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Okay, so we had to make a small change in plans for our 48 hour fasttrip to Disney in September. We originally were checking in on Friday/checking out Saturday. We had to move that up by one day and there was no availability at Jambo House but they did have a Savannah view available at Kindani Village. We have only stayed at Jambo House so I'm looking for some information on Kidani Village.

Are the studios larger at Kidani Village since these were built as DVC rooms compared to the converted rooms at Jambo?
    Are there two beds in the Kidani Village studios as opposed to the one bed/sleeper sofa combo at Jambo?
    How is the pool and quick service restaurant at Kidani compared to Jambo?

Any other information is appreciated. :yes:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We absolutely LOVE Kidani Village! :yes: We've only every stayed in one bedrooms though, so can't comment on the studios. We actually like Kidani better than Jambo House! :eek:

Now, don't misundertakeme (as my little brother used to say)... we still very much like AKL, but Kidani just does it for us. :yes:

The pool area is particularly wonderful. :yes: Counter service type food was at the pool (some sandwiches) but for a true quick service you'll stroll over to AKL for Mara... (I think that's the name of it). :yes:

3. tony

tony Earning my ears

Both are good but I like Jambo House. The restaurant tour was great. It was free. We got a tour of Boma's & Jiko's and got to sample the food. If you don't have a room overlooking the animals, go out into the hall. They have large windows where you can see them. When you stay on Disney property you can buy a mug that can be refilled for free throughout your stay. We enjoy filling our mugs in the evenings & sitting out on the terrace at Jambo House and watching the animals.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Restaurant Tour? This is the first I've heard of this? How do you sign up?