1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Jason Segel Will Not Return For ‘The Muppets’ Sequel

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Wendy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Jason Segel won't be returning to write or appear in the sequel to ‘The Muppets’.

Segel confirmed he wouldn’t be writing the sequel, and then went on to confirm he wouldn’t be starring in it either.

“It’s true but it’s totally amicable. My goal was to bring The Muppets back and I did that leaving them in very good hands, my writing partner and James Bobin the director. I did what I set out to do, and now I wanna pursue more human-related projects.

Segel hasn’t closed the door to returning in the future.

“All I wanted to do was to set the stage for them to do whatever they wanted. I’m sure I’ll return in some capacity here and there, but that was half a decade of my life. Five years of hard work. I’m ready for a little puppet break.””

The Muppets’ sequel is currently being developed by director James Bobin and co-writer Nicholas Stoller. There is no release date for the next film at this time.