Jeff and Stephen trip to DLP 2017

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by Deafjeff, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Well-Known Member

Training and Development Manager
    London trip

Our train from home to Cardiff was delayed and we had booked a taxi to take us to our local train station. We decided instead to travel to Cardiff direct and managed to get an earlier train to London and arrived at 8:30!

We got the tube to Marylebone where we booked in for our one night stay the the Landmark Hotel. It's quite a luxurious hotel. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite which was lovely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We walked to Oxford Street from the hotel to have a peep at the Disney store. We carried on to Apple Store on Regent Street to have a look at the new red Iphone in the Apple Store. It was a lovely phone and I really like it.

We had a moment of ooohhs and ahhhs at the selection of Apple Watch bands. Newer range has just been released.

We went onto the new lego store in Leicester Square. It was quite busy and we didn't stay very long unfortunately.

[​IMG]

We then walked to Covent Garden and at this point Stephen tripped 4 times - he claimed that the pavement was uneven.

As we are collecting our stars at Starbucks, we popped into the store at Covent Garden. We shared a cinnamon swirl. It's a bit like a problem shared, problem halved. In this case, Calories shared, guilt half :)

Stephen wanted to have a look at the American Eagle outfitters at the Westfield London (White City) . I also to have a nice Snog while Im there......

We'd forgotten how big the place is, I brought underwear with an American flag design on it to remind me of WDW which we miss very dearly.

At this time, we were feeling hungry so decided to opt for a spot of lunch at ITSU which is my favourite place to have lunch. I was feeling quite excited at the point to have a Snog and I decided to have a medium one where Stephen decided to have a small Snog.

Now for those who doesn't know what a Snog is.... no, not that one, oh dear me, it's a frozen yoghurt place where you can have a different size Snog and different flavours yoghurt and toppings. We don't have a Snog in Wales so every time I am in London, I always go out of my way to have a good Snog.

If you like that kind of thing, do find a nearest place to have a nice fresh Snog.

Stephen started to have headache at this point, so decided to call it a day and go back to enjoy the suite. We watched Brave which is a nice way to start our trip to DLP.

We walked to Pizza Express where we had couple of balls for starters. Should add dough balls at this point.. and a chicken pizza. It was okay.

We ran out of tea bags and coffee pods so I asked for couple more. To my surprise it was delivered to my room in a plastic bag with a couple of instant coffee sachets. I was not amused as prefer coffee pods so went to ask for some and naturally shared feedback regarding the plastic bag. I did tell them that this was something that only the Travelodge would do.

[​IMG]

On the way to the room, I was debating with myself as to whether I'm becoming one of those old queens who has nothing better to do in their life than making a snide comment. Oh dear.

We watched a bit of the Prometheus film and I fell asleep around 10ish.

The bed was so comfortable and huge, I almost had to text Stephen on the other side. Sadly I'm no princesses and didn't feel any pea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We have those yogurt places here. Our nearest is called Sweet Frogs

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Great start.....your room looks very posh indeed!

4. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    Looks like a really nice hotel! Great start guys.