1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

jiko california grill or somewhere else for a quiet meal?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disneymom, Feb 28, 2009.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

We want to book for a quiet romantic meal and were set on the california grill before someone else mentioned jiko may be even better.

Any other suggestions and whats the best time to go to get a quiet time?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Both of those places are a good choice for a nice meal.
    Another couple you may want to consider for a "romantic type" meal are Citrico`s at the GF or the Blue Zoo at the Dolphin.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We just had this discussion in our house. Herself wanted to book a "nice" place for a birthday dinner. We looked at the menus for all the above, and I just didn't have anything jump out and say "eat me!!"

We booked Cape May. :spring: Well. I love it there, eh? :spring: Herself is not amused. :oops:

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We had a lovely meal at California Grill, however I wouldn't call it quiet. It is quite loud in there.

Jiko is also very good. It's darker and quieter.

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While I love both JIKO and California Grill I would have to choose JIKO as the more quiet and romantic. As Slowhand says Citrico's is also wonderful. And yet one more place you might want to consider, if you don't mind being in a park, is Bistro de Paris, upstairs over Chefs de France in EPCOT.

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oooo that's one I haven't yet tried, what's it like John?

7. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Bistro is more of an adult place, quiet and romantic. Great service and wonderful food!

8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Thanks Donna! Will have to try that

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We had an incredible meal there. :yes: We shared the degustation menu. The chef outdid himself and the server was more than happy to have two people who were willing to invest the time (it takes about two hours) in such a lovely dinner. The server is the one who suggested we share, and boy were we happy he did. We'd never have eaten it all!

When we do it again we will be certain to order wine with the cheese (cheese is an extra, so if you select it with the degustation menu, it doesn't automatically come with a wine pairing) as the course did suffer without wine.

It is a lovely adult place for a nice dinner, although there was an infant when we were there. The child did start crying, but the father took the child out, which I found completely appropriate. The couple appeared to be friends of the manager... not that that is a factor, just that it might be the reason they brought a baby to an otherwise fairly adult venue. The menu would not be for a child, unless that child had a very sophisticated palate. :D (Our Seth would love it! LOL! We've brainwashed him into eating all manner of things... :D :D "I wanna have that lobbter, okay????"). :eek: