1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Jiko named in Wine Enthusiast's Top 100 Restaurants in the Country

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Jiko — The Cooking Place at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge has been named in the Wine Enthusiast magazine's Top 100 best restaurants in wine and fine dining in the country.

The entire list, coast to coast, of this year's best wine restaurants is in the August 2011 issue, which is now available on newsstands. Jiko – The Cooking Place fuses the bold flavors of traditional African, Indian and Mediterranean cuisine.

The Jiko wine list features one of the largest selections of South African vintages in North America. The list has won multiple awards, including the Orlando Sentinel's Foodie Best Wine List Award and the Wine Spectator Excellence Award for Most Outstanding Wine List.

Other Florida restaurants on the Wine Enthusiast list include Prime One Twelve in South Beach, Hakkasan at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach, Bern's Steak House in Tampa, Baires Grill in South Beach and Angle Restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton in Palm Beach.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Nice. :yes: We still like Jiko, but wish Chef Annette were still there. :sigh:

The wine list at Jiko has long been popular. It was at one time (and may well still be) the most comprehensive list of African wines in the country. :yes:

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I can fully understand this. JIKO has the best wine list at Disney. And the servers are very knowledgeable in recommending the right wine for your courses. Like Tink I miss Chef Annette also, especially since I've seen the latest menu and they have taken our favorite appetizer, Kalamata Olive Flatbread, off of the menu.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

One of my regrets on our recent trip was that we were unable to call in there to touch base with Raul [the manager] who used to be the manager at the Flying Fish who we know very well.
    Sadly we ran out of time but it`s on our must do list for the next time.