1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Joined the 21st Century

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Watchinherskip, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We just got a new LCD flat screen TV. We vowed to wait until our old (and I mean OLD) CRT set broke down..but the thing kept on working like a champ. DW Sally thought it would be a nice present for us and the house as this is the only thing we will be getting each other this Christmas. We haven't set up our HD account yet, that comes this week but it was freakin' AWESOME watching DVDs..(no we may have to wait many years for Blue Ray). We got it Sunday, set it up Sunday night. We watched White Christmas and The Bishop's Wife while decorating the house over the weekend. It is a 1080p 37 inch Samsung. I think it is a fairly good set, but don't know ... we shall see. Anyhow it looks great! It is the biggest screen that we could fit into the furniture.:yes:

SO much for a sluggish economy...

Watchinherskips....stimulating the local economies (as well as Korea's) since 2008:wiggle:

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

we have a samsung, had it 2 years now and we're really happy with it. it's 36 or 38 inches can't remember.wait till you see the hd on it!

3. Watchinherskip

I CAN"T WAIT!!!

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I've been looking to buy a HDTV but was waiting for Black Friday. I haven't seen any really good sales yet.

DD's tv got broken the other day. One of the cats jumped on it, it fell, now it has the blue screen of death but she does have sound. I can't seem to find a tv that isn't HDTV.

5. Watchinherskip

Hi Johnie, we found that VA's own Circuit City actually had the best price on the TV we wanted. Good service too. Wonder why they are going out of business (well VA stores should stay open). Got the 37 in HD for under $900

6. Johnie

Really? I didn't even look at Circuit City. I've been a bit leary about buying anything from them. You think the VA stores will stay open?

7. Watchinherskip

Yes, I think so, they went for chapter 11 restructuring. I think they will retrench back to just VA stores. The same exact tv was $200 more at the Best Buy right next door. The price even beat Price Club.

8. Johnie

Good deal!!

I wonder if the Circuit City bankruptcy affects Car Max at all or are they completely separate?

9. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

We purchased our's from Circuit City as well...it's a Panasonic...and it's incredible. Jon doesn't *breathe* without consulting Consumer Reports, and afterwards comparison shopping for days......After all was said and done, no one could beat the CC price.

ENJOY!! We love ours!!! Do you have surround sound? It'll feel like your at the movies!

10. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

im looking on getting a 50" panasonic plasma becca, they are awesome i only buy pannys

dan if you think HD is awesome wait til you see a blue ray dvd they will blow your socks off literally, ive never seen colurs jump out and grab you by the throat lol

11. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

We bought the 52....utterly love it....though the sales advisor said we shouldn't go any bigger than a 48 ("Is that a challenge?" said Jon)

The colors are stunning....looking at blue ray for Christmas...

12. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

i was in a store the other week and it totally blew me away, i gotta have one :D

13. Watchinherskip

Yes we have a Panasonic home theater system. It plays dvds not the new blue ray thing. Sounds terrific! The speakers that come with our tv are less than exciting. Hook it up to a dolby 5.1 system (even a fairly low end one like ours is) and it is like being at the movies.

14. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

My dad got a new TV for the backroom last week, so now I have our old backroom TV mounted on my wall in my Bedroom, its a 37" Sharp Aquos LCD TV, and it's ACE to play my xbox on with the HD enabled!