1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

josh.p's camping trip, Part Two: 2nd day

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by josh.p., May 25, 2009.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Up bright and early this morning, massively clicky neck off those funny beds :thumbsdown:, we stayed around the caravan for a few hours before heading off on a trip to caernafron. Here are some pics of the caravan;
    [​IMG]
    Mum in the Kitchen
    [​IMG]
    The 'living room'
    Everyone except Jade is ready, so myself, Mum and Dad take her for a stroll WW3 starts over who gets to push Niamh's pram, eventually Dad is the victor :slap:
    [​IMG]
    We run into this guy;
    [​IMG]
    and quickly return back to the caravan to find that Jade was dressed and changed in under an hour :thud: It's a miracle.
    [​IMG]
    So we are off on our way to caernafron castle. We stop at some lights and I notice some amazing balloons in a shop window;
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the bad picture, they where really :awesome: though.

We pull up and I am confuddled as it was such a short journey, it was meant to be over an hour away. Turns out dad got mixed up and thought we said Conwy castle :rotfl: after much debate we decide that we are here now so we will go for a look around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We find out the castle is not accesible for prams so we just go for a walk along the castle walls.
    As you can see, my Mum has a fear of heights (and I have a fear for what she will do if she finds this picture on the internet)
    [​IMG]
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://static.photobucket.com/flash/input.swf" style="" id="IMGTag-code" bgcolor="transparent" quality="high" name="IMGTag-code" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="ipt=%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fi14.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa332%2Fjosh7456%2FDSCF0766.jpg%5B%2FIMG%5D&trk=image_code_click_FULLVIEW_IMG&width=175&height=21&color=#000000&border=#BDBDBD&cont=IMGTagContainer" height="21" width="175">
    [​IMG]
    I however have no such fear!!
    Niamh decided she wanted a better view (and again, I find myself in a near death situation involving my sister and a sledgehammer)
    [​IMG]
    Jade holds the fort down
    [​IMG]
    I swear these are sheep with camouflage;
    [​IMG]
    My mum decided that she was *Too* frightened and chickened out;
    [​IMG]

After our expedition on the castle walls, we go to the high street for a 'mooch' (as my Mum and Sister call it... I call it a wait outside)
    [​IMG]
    We stop at a coffee shop where Niamh charms us a free muffin (seriously!)
    and Mum and Jade try to avoid the camera;
    [​IMG]

On our way back to the caravan we stop at tesco and spot another castle, Dad was not sure of it's name, but he has already proven he is not very 'up' on his castles after taking us to the wrong one! :slap:;
    [​IMG]

That night we have some tea at the caravan and then go to the clubhouse to watch the tacky entertainment and promptly go back to the caravan.

2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

great pics Josh, sounds like a fun day out!

sooo, they have tacky entertainment there as well then.....and there was i thinking it looked so upmarket! :tongue:

3. josh.p.

:rotfl: It was awful. There was a leo sayer wannabe and he was brilliant, but he was only the 'warm-up' the actual carberet act was terrible!

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Wow, that is certainly not like any caravan park I have ever seen.

5. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

I can't cope with Tacky entertainment. Josh you all look so a happy family and l am serious.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm rolling! :lol: Josh, your descriptions of your family time together crack me UP! :lol:

OOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Your Mum is going to KILL you if she ever discovers that photo! :eek: She sure looks scared. :yes: (I won't confess to having a fit of giggles when I saw her). :nono: :sorry:

Love the castles. :yes: You all do look like you are having a good time. What's with all the heavy clothing though? Is it that cold there still? :unsure:

7. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Fantastic, nothing beats embarrassing family on the net. :lol:

8. josh.p.

It wasn't really really cold, but it was cold enough to warrant a jumper. I took my jacket off during the day :yes:

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Tell me again what ya'll mean by jumper? Here it's a dress without sleeves under which a shirt of some sort is usually worn. I'm as sure as I can be that's not what you mean. :unsure:

10. josh.p.

A jumper is like what you'd call a Jersey I imagine... :unsure: or a sweatshirt :unsure: