1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Josh's trip to hell...

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by josh.p., May 18, 2009.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

and I'd like to say "and back" but I doubt I'll make it back alive.

Jade's friend's Dad has a static in Newpines in Wales and we have rented it from Friday afternoon until Tuesday Afternoon of next week.

I don't mind camping, a tent wouldn't bother me. But the thought of being in what is basically a metal box, trapped, with Mum, Dad and Jade (I don't mind staying with Niamh, she is my fave family member :yes:) just does not appeal to me what-so-ever!

Apparently I am 'too young' to stay in on my own for 5 days. I don't want to leave the torts in someone elses care- they need quite a bit of supervision and leaving them for 5 days only being checked twice a day is not a good thing! They will die if they get up-turned under their lamp as they can de-hydrate.

Once I mentioned them, I was turned into 'the selfish one that ruined the holiday before it began' - I can't win!!

Now I am being dragged along to a wet, soggy, caravan for five days- starting this Friday.
  2. josh.p.

P.s... there is no wifi access. :gulp:
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Oh no Josh! I feel your pain, I think sometimes one can be with family too much. :yes:

You seem like a very responsible guy and doubt any wilder parties are going to go on while they would be away. I vote that you should be able to stay home on your own. You guys could check with each other.
  4. josh.p.

That's what I think. Mum says I am being selfish as they want to spend the time together, but recently I've wanted to do anything but! I need some time on my own. I can understand why they are worried but they seem to think by not wanting to go I am ungrateful!

I don't think it's an issue of having a party, but I think it's more of an issue that Mum is worried for me!
  5. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

we all had to do things we didnt want to im afraid josh....do you know its wet and soggy :lol: sorry mate i wouldnt leave my boy alone at home at that age either
  6. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Aww, Josh :hug2:

What's happening with your torts then?

You don't have a small tent you could take to put up outside so at least you can get some privacy when you sleep? :unsure: And NO Wifi access??? *gulp*
  7. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Will oyu be able to log on with your iphone though :unsure:
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Hmmmmm...tough predicament. :( Any wild chance at all you could bring the torts? :unsure: Probably not, eh? :sigh:

If you really want to have a family discussion you could try to do so, no? :unsure: Ask your parents how many times you've disappointed them with your behavior, judgment calls, etc. Be prepared to hear the answer! :yes:

Ask them what their specific fears are for your staying alone and address each one.

Surely they don't want to have the torts endangered, either?
  9. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

If it's really about 'being a family together' then it's going to be hard to get out of it. They realize that sooner than later you'll be movin' on. They are holding on tight.
  10. josh.p.

Nah, The torts need to have all their lamps etc with them. My aunty, cousin and Mum's friend who lives around the corner can look after the torts okay (I have said they need checking on 3 times a day.. I would ideally like more but I can't ask anyone to put themselves out.) but I think it's such an extra stress on them to look after pets! They simply will not listen to me when I tell them I'll be fine so it does look like I have no choice

I probably can *but* It is pretty 'out-there' so I doubt I'll get any signal!
  11. Skywatcher

you might be surprised and I will keep my :fingers: so at least you can stay in touch.

We must all endure these things mate :sigh: just remember this when you have kids :D
  12. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

yeah, look at Jay who didn't want to go to Ireland - he had a great time! :yes:
  13. josh.p.

any other time I'd welcome it, but at the minute I've had enough of them and could do with the break from them :yes:

I'll be made up when they stop wanting to come on holiday, I could stay in a deluxe! :rotfl:
  14. ukwdwnut

josh have you been vanning b4 mate...i luv it and i think its a great laugh. just go enjoy yourself and who cares if you havent got net access its not for long is it :)
  15. josh.p.

It's not the caravan that is annoying me, I love them! and I'd actually prefer a tent as then it's 'proper camping' but just the company I will be in :rotfl:
  16. Skywatcher

I know mate but that time will come I remember how happy I was when my folks stopped taking me - our kids will be different as we do 'cool stuff' like go to Disney so they will still want to come with us when they are in their 50's :D
  17. ukwdwnut

yep as long as they pay for it tho eh!!!

ours are all disneyed out at the mo, so my wallet will be a lot healthier :lol:

lauren wants to go to china :unsure: and mikey is off to uni in sept :D
  18. tb2830

tb2830 Addicted to Mickey

josh your the same age as chelsea arent you ???

well i very much trust chelsea to left at home infact she will be staying here when i go away in august for the week.

but also my mum only lives around the corner so should she need anything then she only has to go to them
  19. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Josh:hug2:. I wanted to say take the positives out of it,if you can. They want you there. My son Liam at the moment l wouldn't want him with us for a family holiday OR at home by himself.
    They like you that's good.:yes:
  20. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Refresh my memory please and tell me how old are you Josh? The first time my parents left me at home alone was when I was 17. They went to Yugoslavia in the Sept when I had college and couldn't get the time off.