1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Josh's trip to Hong Kong- Day 5, Part A: Hong Kong school of performing arts, crystal Jade's and Noa

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by josh.p., Feb 4, 2010.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I remember being up early on this day as we where going to see the students at the HK Academy of performing arts to watch some performances. We had breakfast at the hotel (as we did every morning) and then got on the coach to the Academy of performing arts.

We watch them do a 'long sleeve dance', then perform some of a Chinese opera, and then listened to their band, before they picked some people to try on the traditional outfits. It was really interesting, but lets just say I wouldn't rush back to see a chinese opera :rotfl:

[​IMG]
    Warm Up excercises
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Siobhan and Shaun trying on the costumes

[​IMG]
    Beth, Vanessa and I eating lunch at Crystal Jade's (with chopsticks :thumbsup:)
    [​IMG]
    Soup Dumplings- they had soup and vegetables in. You drink the soup from the dumpling and then eat them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chinese style donuts
    [​IMG]
    Our Table
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    An arcade we visited after our dinner

Part B coming in a second..
  2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

awesome look like a fantastic place to go, I spy stitch :D
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Are there anything in those doughnuts?

Lovely photos!
  4. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

There was red bean paste in those ones :yes: they are lovely! You beat dip them in condensed milk and then roll them in sugar before you eat them :yes:

Part B is coming soon.. promise! I have it typed out on my computer but had to run out and never got round to posting it! woops!
  5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Just caught up Josh, was thinking of you last week-end when in our local paper they posted an article about a light fixture (art deco) that used to hang in our train station being in a hill top coffee shop in Hong Kong! Can't find the article now to get the name of the shop. Quite popular I believe!!