1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Jupiter and some Sunspots from a few weeks back

Discussion in 'Astronomy & Astrophotography' started by Skywatcher, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

These are by far a better choice (in my opinion - would love watchinherskips input) , than the stuff you get from the mall with their wobbly mounts , which can ruin your lifetimes love of a hobby before its even started

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Celestron-2...6E4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323765776&sr=8-1

or the infinity 76p amazing what you can see and a clever design that means its easy to use and stable - you will be able to see saturns rings with this ! but it will be very small

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10417458877511433952#
  2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

WOW...excellent scopes for the price, hard to go wrong with either. And pretty easy on the pocket. They are good quality for the price. Good call Chris!!!
  3. Skywatcher

I thought so too ! considering how much you pay for one of those true awful 'National Geographic' ones that claim to give you 300x magnification (lol)

the 76p despite its odd appearance is a genuinely wonderful litle thing and so stable and easy to track with which is what you want

Had a play with one and saw some lovely craters and the rings and moons of saturn - shoudl be able to see orion nebulosity, andromeda galaxy etc with either no problem as well and will hopefully fuel a lifetimes obsession :D
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really like the odd looking little blue one. :yes:
  5. Skywatcher

:lol: I just knew you would :hug2:
  6. Watchinherskip

That one looks like the old Edmund Scientific telescope. We had one at a previous school and it was a workhorse. It held up to the abuse of our students. Good choice, for price and durability.
  7. Watchinherskip

Wasn't able to see them from my work computer...but WOW...stunning work Chris!!! :yes: