1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Just done Turtle Trek at SeaWorld

Discussion in 'SeaWorld/Discovery Cove/Aquatica' started by Isafari, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

. To be able to see the manatees underwater at SW you now have to join the Turtle Trek line which this week and last has been averaging at about 40 minutes. You are allowed in in large groups of maybe 100 guests. You listen to the staff member chat about manatees while you view and about 5 minutes later you are allowed into a further section with fish and 5 or 6 turtles. This section used to be half of the manatees exhibit which is now very small. Another staff speech and you then go to a further room to watch the movie. This movie is very impressive. You have to think of yourself as a baby turtle being born and the adventure it takes through life. You are advised about motion sickness before you watch the movie. Think Soarin' but way better!

I used to love the underwater manatee attraction but I won't go through all of the above very often to have to view in a crowd this big and go through all the phases.

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

SHame they had to change the manatee exhibit but the turtle film sounds great

3. graceandhayes

graceandhayes Earning my ears

My family was just at Sea World this past Friday. I was looking forward to Turtle Trek, but I have to admit, I was disappointed. The viewing areas for the manatees and the turtles was good. We did not care for the movie. The 3D effects were good, but I was not impressed with the movie. The soundtrack for the movie is very loud! My kids, son 7 and daughter 6 were scared during the movie because it was so loud. I was disappointed with Turtle Trek, but maybe my expectations were to high going in.