1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Just got back from another wonderful Disney Cruise - also a couple question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by DisneyFreak, Jan 25, 2010.

1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

We just returned from the seven night Eastern Caribbean on the Magic and it was great! We were in SR 5022 (secret porthole room). Our servers were good, our room host was excellent and the Cruise Staff (entertainment, Bingo, etc.) was the best we have ever had. A big shout out to the following Cruise Staff members:

:worship:
    Trevor the Bingo King and Pirate Night MC- we have never had so much fun playing bingo before. He put up with alot of our friendly rowdiness.

:worship:
    Melody - another member of the cruise staff and bingo assistant. She was very friendly and funny.

:worship::worship:
    #17 Louisa (Bingo Lou) - By far the friendliest cruise staff member we have met. A relative newbie to the cruise line (10 weeks). She was very personable and sweet. I wish we had more room to give her props on our comment card.

They performed an awesome skit on the last night (Pub Night) called "If I were not upon the sea". If none of you have seen this it is absolutely hysterical!! Make it a priority to do so on you next cruise. It was so worth staying up til 11:30 for it.

Now for my question. Does anyone know where I can leave more comments about our cruise? The comment card they give you to fill out on the last night just doesn't give you enough room to leave additional comments. Also, does anyone know if the Cruise Staffs have e-mails or facebook fan pages that we can leave them comments about what a great job we think they did if we didn't get a chance to tell them before the cruise was over?

Once I get settled back into work I'll make sure to post pictures and Navagators in the coming weeks.
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I dont know the answer I'm afraid :( but WELCOME BACK :wave: and I know this is cheeky but I want to hear EVERYTHING about the cruise that you can remember :lol:

I've been trying to get around to booking one for the longest time and just eat up every little bit of info/trip reports I can find.

so you know, when you get a chance and all that, photos, text, comments, the lot please :D
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I'd shoot them an email from their contact us page here:

DCL Contact Us

I've used that before for various reasons and found that DCL has always been very responsive. :yes:

As far as CM's on DCL having their own Facebook pages, I would think that would be a personal decision. I don't know of any organized effort on the part of DCL to get those for the CM's.

Tom :)macwave:... wish I'd been there! Really!)
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Glad to read that you enjoyed your DCL cruise DF, your comments echo those that I have heard from numerous fellow cruisers.
    The crew members do go out of their way to make sure that you have a good time don`t they?
    I don`t know about an official site to post your comments, but an email to DCL would not go amiss.
    Again, I doubt whether there is a "Facebook Crew Member " site. I do keep in touch with Brent [Cruise Director] and Tim Moss [the pianist from the Sessions Lounge] via email, although this is because we exchanged email addresses when we became friends with them.
  5. Slowhand

Well you can`t accuse me for not trying to get you on board Keith.
    Go on...you know it makes sense. :lol:
  6. catrancher

:toetap: Well... I'm waiting...

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director)
  7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Sounds like a rip-roaring time!! I can almost feel your excitement through the screen!! Can't wait to hear all the details! Have you ever cruised another line, DF? If so, I'd love some insight as to how the DCL measures up.

Welcome back!
  8. catrancher

Please tell Brent that he still owes me that DCL belt buckle I kept bugging him about! :laugh2:

Tom :)macwave:... hunting down souvenirs!)
  9. Slowhand

Ya see Keith?
    We`ve sorted your dining partners too! :lol:
  10. catrancher

:happydance: :HamsterDance: :happydance: :HamsterDance: :happydance: :HamsterDance: :happydance:

Send me in, coach! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... Gawd, I soooooo want to go on another cruise!)
  11. Slowhand

Yes, I remember that Tom.
    It`s a pity that he won`t be on our next cruise, however Tim Moss will actually be celebrating his birthday when we are on board so that`s definately an excuse for some pre dinner drinks on at least one night!
  12. catrancher

Only one? Hmmm... are we slipping? :unsure:

Tom :)macwave:... I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!)
  13. DisneyFreak

I am certainly going to use catranchers link to send additional comments.

Slowhand, can I ask a favor of you? Next time you send Brent a line can you ask him about this? If there is not such a thing can I send a message to Brent through you about his wonderful cruise staff members that I had mentioned? If I remember hearing correctly, I think these particular cruise staff report directly to him.

I have seriously never had sooo much fun playing bingo or have felt so connected to cast members/cruise staff before. It was truely like they were part of the family for the week.
  14. DisneyFreak

BTW, we sat in Sessions a couple nights for after dinner drinks and Tim was a great pianist. He also played the keyboard for the Cruise Staff skit on the last night.
  15. Slowhand

Yep he is a very good pianist isn`t he? :thumbsup:
    We got to know him a while back when I started the applause after he played a number from Phantom of the Opera which is my favourite musical.
    After that, as soon as my DW and I entered Sessions he would immediately stop playing his number and break straight into the opening bars of "Phantom"...what an entrance that made! :lol:

If you want to send me your comments via a PM about the crew members, I will make sure that they get to Brent.
    I`d rather not divulge his email address at this stage, I`m sure you understand.
  16. DisneyFreak

I completely understand. That's why I mentioned sending the message through you. :thumbsup:

I'll put something together in the next couple of days and send to you via PM. I'll add my e-mail address as well if Brent or the other Staff would like to repond back.

Since these particular crew members were so personal with us I just thought it would be nice to send them a personal message to return the favor.:yes:

Thanks Slowhand!
  17. DisneyFreak

Sorry I missed this Becca. We have done 3 cruises and all have been with Disney. This was our first one in 5 years. The other two were a 4-night on the Wonder in 02/2002 and the 7-night western caribbean in 11/2004. We have never cruised with another carrier.

Now that we live in Florida we are certainly going to start taking advantage of last minute cruise deals so I am hopeful sometime later this year we will cruise again with another to see if it matches up. If the right deal comes up though for Disney we won't pass it up. :thumbsup: