1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Just out of interest...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Dawn, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

How much would we be looking at for an August cruise for 2 adults and 1 child - the 3 or 4 day ones.

Just curious you know. :wink:

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

From about £1500 full price but if you can wait you may get a bargain! Also the later in august you go the cheaper. I would caution on doing it last though in case you get delayed for your flight home

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

If you decide to do a DCL cruise Dawn and you can afford, then try to do as long a cruise as your funds allow. :yes:

We have been lucky in that all of our cruises [apart from one] have been a minimum of 5 nights.
    On the one and only 3 day cruise that we did though it seemed as though as soon as we had boarded it was time to disembark! Never again if I can help it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I must admit the pricing doesnt seem at all bad to me relative to just staying onsite anyway! :yes: I keep getting tempted by the 3 or 4 day to try it but then I can imagine what it's like to get on and almost immediately it's over so I'm pretty sure i'm going to go all out for a 7

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Caitlin and I are waiting anxiously to see if they will do European ones again in 2013 :happybounce:

6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

What is there to do on a disney cruise? :unsure:
    Think id miss the rollercoasters and i know there arent any of those on the ship! :lol:

7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I'd worry there'd be enough to do on a 7 day one.

Also, that's half my vacation plus a day each side for travelling. Doesn't leave much park time. Especially when Steven is planning at least 4 Typhoon Lagoon days. :mental:

8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Are you people kidding me? :unsure:

Enough to do? Between shore excursions, swimming, movies, shows, eating, drinking, entertainment, classes, relaxing, spa treatments and eating (did I already say that?) there's not enough hours in the day on a Disney cruise!

And, as Slowhand and others have indicated, longer is much, much better. We've only taken three 7 day cruises and one 5 day one. I wouldn't waste my time and money on anything shorter.

Actually, on the Disney Dream and (next year) the Disney Fantasy, there is. The Aqua Duck. And it's a ball. I say this from personal experience! :thumbsup:

Tom :)macwave:... back online for a few minutes!)

9. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

The Dream looks like a fantastic ship! They featured it on America's Funiest Videos last night. The Aqua Duck thing looks like fun.

DW and I had our 30th anniversary cruise on the Allure of the Seas (RCC) boat. It was a 7 day cruise and it was awesome. Love the way they set up the ship with "neighborhoods". We stayed in the Central Park one.

We hit Nassau, St. Thomas and and St. Maarten.

Think we paid around $3200.