1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Keeping kids occupied on long flights?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disneymom, Sep 5, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

What do you do? games? videos? gameboys? has anyone ever been told off because their kids were crying or anything :oops:
  2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

nah - orlando flights are all about kids - ours have always been great despite our paranoid and the 9 /12 hour flight - the films and back of seat TV's keep them amused - we pack a raft of puzzle books and the DS - and buy a coouple of sticker books etc - what with the meals and that the time seems to pass just fine. there are so many kids on the flight it simply hasn't been an issue for us
  3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Exactly the same for us - the first time I was really worried about it especially as DD was only 2 at the time, but they have always been fine, even when we were delayed sitting on the plane for 3 hours once :rolleyes008: I don;t even bother with the NDS's, I take a couple of comics, puzzle books etc. I do worry about the entertainment system not working though as that nearly happened to us last year :( My DS spends the whole time waiting for the next lot of food! :lol:
  4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Mine are happy watching the little map

They are just so happy to be going to see mickey :D
  5. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Duct tape. :evil:
  6. BevW

BevW Imagineer

DAWN....you stole my suggestion! :lol: :lol:
  7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I've only traveled with Lexie and she was 9 last year and well able to keep herself occupiied. She had a book, paper and coloured pencils that kept her occupied for the five-hour flight. I also brought some things for her--a word search book and coloured pens. We fly Southwest--provide your own entertaniment. Lexie also has been flying since she was two months old, and always well-behaved.

Troy was fourteen weeks old and was fine as long as he was dry, fed and cuddled. :) We only heard one peep out of him when we hit turbulance. Same reaction as everyone! :lol: