1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Kennedy space centre without shuttle?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by Tom Morrow, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Imagineer

Now the shuttle has gone, is it still worth visiting the kennedy space centre do you think? What's there to do :/

2. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

3. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    IT is definately worth a visit

4. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Haven't been there since 1979 so I missed the whole shuttle thing entirely. :thumbsdown:

5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We went to KSC a couple of weeks ago, mainly to say "Goodbye" to the shuttle Atlantis as it was due to take its final mission a couple of days after we returned home.
    It has been a while since I was last there when at the time I did a day doing the Astronaut Training Experience which is highly recommended.
    Even though the shuttle programme is now almost over, there are loads of things there which will occupy you for a full day.
    Take the bus for a narrated guided tour of the complex, followed by some amazing films in the Imax Theatre.
    During the bus tour, you make a stop at the Apollo Complex where you can take lunch alongside a Saturn V rocket from the Apollo mission days.
    At the main centre itself there is a shuttle simulator which is much more realistic than Mission Space at Epcot, not to mention the "Rocket Garden" and other attractions and shops.
    A visit to KSC is highly recommended if you have a day to spare. :thumbsup: