1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom to Replace Little Red

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Beginning this spring, the Kilimanjaro Safaris attraction will undergo some changes to give guests an additional opportunity to see more of their favorite animals, specifically zebra.

To make this happen, Walt Disney Imagineering will make some creative changes to the last scene in the attraction by removing the Audio-Animatronics “Little Red” elephant and related set pieces. This area will then be reconstructed as savannah space and feature a new watering hole for live animals.

This enhancement is scheduled to begin this spring, and be completed by fall 2012. The attraction will remain operational during the adjustment.
  2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Hi Wendy, I think that is a good move by Disney. That poor little elephant looked really goofy after seeing the real ones on the safari. Do you remember when there was a bunch of CMs there with rifles capturing the bad guys? That was before 9/11 and it I guess it could be considered racist to boot.
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:yes: I remember the CMs, I think it's a good move as well, especially if there will be more animals. I wonder if this means there will be a new story appearing at some point in the future :unsure:
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep. That story line is tired. I do remember the armed CMs! I thought that was pretty unusual for Disney even before 911.

Little Red is silly and always was. I get that they can't put a live baby elephant in there, but sheesh.

Will be neat to see how it looks when it's all done.