1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

king sized beds?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by wishonastar, Sep 20, 2008.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

Hiya - how do you request these and do they cost any extra?

is there a map of where rooms with larger beds are at each resort or is it just luck?

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i think that most of the hotel rooms have 2 double beds but you can request a king size instead, these i think are less available i think

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

The WDW value and moderate resorts have two double beds and the deluxe resorts have two queen beds. Fort Wilderness cabins excepted.

King beds are a separate category at the value and moderate resorts and there is an additional nightly fee--something around $15 to $20 per night, I believe. Plus tax, of course! :) Keep in mind that most of the king bedrooms are handicapped/disabled equipped, which means a shower instead of a tub, if that is important to you.

Edited to add:

I just poked around on AllEars to check out the room configurations for the WDW deluxe resorts. I only looked at a few of them, so more research is recommended.

It appears that king beds are available on request; however, they seem to be extremely limited. And WDW takes requests seriously--they are requests only and not guaranteed. So even if you request a king bed--unless it is a handicapped/disabled room required for access--it won't be guaranteed and you could well end up with two queen beds.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008