1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumour KSC to Stop Tours of VAB

Discussion in 'Other Parks and Attractions News & Rumours' started by Tony G, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

Kennedy Space Centre will stop doing tours of the famous Vehicle Assembly Building in February.

Until then, the 'Up Close' tour stopped at the VAB and actually let guests see inside (from my own experience, it's an awesome experience - it really is cavernous). It was always temporary, but I'm still gutted... At least until I've got a new spectacle to see - maybe like them going back to the Moon? Or Mars?

More details here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...: features/themeparkblog (Theme Park Rangers)

VAB Exterior.jpg VAB Interior.jpg

2. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

Oops. I didn't intend for the pics to be quite so big!

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

That`s an area that I would love to see.
    Even when I did the Astronaut Traing Experience a few years ago, and went "close up and personal" to pad 39B and other areas, sadly the VAB was not on the schedule. :(

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Im sad theyre removing this :( it was one of the best experiences at KSC. When we were there, there was actually mist and some said rain at the top whilst being quite fine at the bottom. Security walked us round and surrounded us whilst there so it was an interesting experience.

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh what a shame, I'm so glad we did it last year, it was an amazing experience.