1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Kuzzina Review

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by hurster97, Sep 17, 2009.

1. hurster97

hurster97 Earning my ears

I had dinner at Kuzzina on 9/13 and went in with an open mind (as I was a huge fan of Spoodles' food and servers). I had the Lamb Shank which was delicious and fork tender! As always the preparation and service was spot on. However...

As a regular so to speak, I noticed something missing. I was dining alone and really payed attention to the kitchen staff, servers, managers etc. I had the opportunity to have a frank discussion with my server on the new changes and he let me know exactly what was going on.

In the past, orders were able to be tweaked a bit to accomodate special requests (for little ones or finiky appetites), no more. The servers are not happy and to quote him "the kitchen atmosphere is like someone died". They of course are not showing this to the guests. They are very frustrated that they are "in the business to please the guest" but are not able to fully do so. Additionally, cut backs, scheduling and bottom line goals are attributing to the unhappiness.

I hope things relax a bit for them. These are truly talented individuals, some of the best on property and if you dine there, please reassure them of your appreciation and recognize their excellence, even under the current circumstances.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Wow VERY good review thanks for that!

Yes, I think to be in Disney they have to accept requests. It's what allows them to charge the premium they all do ;)

Thanks for that!

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Awesome review. Nice refreshing honesty from that server.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I am looking forward to trying there myself. However, if they don't do special requests for tweaking (so to speak) that will be a problem. :(

Thank you for the head's up!

5. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

The not being able to "tweaK" items for their guests will come back to haunt them. Maybe in other areas the celebrity chef name is enough for people to take the food as the chef believes it should be served, but there are far too many choices at Disney. I think if this practice continues, they won't stay overly busy for long... Just my opinion..

6. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

Thanks for the great review, which is very helpful to us.

We loved Spoodles for that very reason as it was the best place where our kids could eat from the adult menu but have their meals as you put it tweaked. Sometimes it just meant leaving of a sauce that was too hot (spicy) or adding pasta instead of something else. We have always had wonderful attentive service in Spoodles. It was a great family restaurant and always reminded us of our many wonderful holidays in Cyprus.

7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

thank you for the great review.

Sorry to hear the changes arent for the better though...

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We went the week it opened and our server was very young and very much a rule follower. He wouldn't allow any tweaking of the menu but we noticed that other servers would. So your mileage may vary.

I had a very good pastichio there. It was very good and rich.