1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Laptop power advice

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by lozzy, Jul 10, 2009.

1. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

My boy has a laptop which is just over 1 year old, The problem we are having is when he puts the power lead into the back of his laptop he has to hold the lead in for the laptop to charge. (hope that makes sense)

I can't see anything wrong with the socket that the lead plugs into and we know the lead is ok as my other son has the same laptop. we are having to change the battery and charge in it the laptop that is working but it is doing my eldest sons head in as he can't be on it for a long time due to the power running out.

Could anyone help?
  2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

hi laura

if its the power socket on the laptop, because you say the power adapter is ok in the other laptop, my guess is the only cure is a new mainboard so id just keep swapping batteries as mainboards are quite expensive
  3. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

I knew you'd be able to help.

I'll tell Reece when he gets home. He isn't a happy bunny as the years warranty only ran out last month.
  4. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

Is there anyway it could be fixed? it's like something is loss and when you push the lead in and hold it connects.
  5. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

:lol: just the 1st to answer :lol:

typical thats always the way if something is gonna go wrong with anything :(
  6. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I would try phoning up the manufacturer and telling them. I know the warranty expired last month but often you can appeal to their better nature ;)