1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Last day at Florida

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by Deafjeff, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi I'm wondering if anyone have an idea what we can do after getting of the cruise as our flight is at 6pm.

We will be at the international airport mid morning thus we would have quite a bit of time to kill.

Any ideas?

Jeff
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Get a day room at the Hyatt Hotel in the airport, you can relax, pop down and stroll around the shops and then go for a meal in the hotel restaurant, it is really nice.

You can have a sleep if you want to and then a shower so you are refreshed before you go through customs for your flight.

We've done this quite a lot and wouldn't hesitate again if we needed to. I can't remember how much it is as you have to phone (407 825 1234) the hotel and ask for the price of a day room. I think you have to be out by 6pm.
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I totally agree with Wendy. Orlando Airport is a really neat place to wander around and shop. The Hyatt Hotel's restaurants are really quite nice! High praise from me, eh? :D

Or, if you don't want to go to the airport so soon (how are you getting from the Port to the airport) you could stop by a mall (Altamonte Mall would be good for this one, or Florida Mall) and enjoy some time there. But you'll have to repack for any purchases you make!

Or, you could go to Leu Gardens in Winter Park...

Anything like that would necessitate your hauling your luggage around with you though, wouldn't it? Wendy's idea is the best. :yes:
  4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Ooohhhhh could do that will look into day rate for sure :yes:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2