1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Last Minute Decision Part 1

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Tinker, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

October 9th ... I got a great rate with Air Tran and I was heading back to WDW . I touched down in Orlando at 4:00 PM . Since this was a last minute decision, I did not have time to receive luggage tags from DME . Marie had set up DME and I had the confirmation number for the Beach Club . I went and retrieved my small suitcase and headed down to level 1 and to the DME desk . I gave the CM my license and confirmation number and within a short time I was boarding the bus to the Beach Club .
    I called Marie to let her know I was on my way . We had never met one another , so she told me just look for the brown cane . Unbeknowst to me , they hadn't or couldn't check in until I arrived . Marie & her dear husband John , had checked out of CBR and had enjoyed Epcot until I arrived .
    Soon, the bus was pulling up to the Beach Club and I spotted Marie right away . As soon as she saw me , she was all smiles and welcomed me with the biggest, warmest hug as did John .
    We checked in and I paid for my park tix and dining plan . Our villa was a
    1 bedroom which was vey close to the main building . We were in the green villa on the 4th floor . When we stepped onto the balcony, we could see the TOT dead center and to our left the Effiel Tower, Morroco and if we really stretched the American Pavillion .
    I dropped my luggage and freshened up . I had brought a nice black skirt and matching top for dinner . We had an ADR at the Biergarten . We walked over to the WS . I so love the fact that you can walk to Epcot from the BC . Very Cool ! As we walked , the CM's were setting up a very nice outside buffet for the Disney Store convention that was going on . I forgot to mention that I chatted with a few managers attending the conference . One was Christiana from Delaware . She knew my manager . It really is a small world . Anyhow ... we had a wonderful time at the Biergarten . The food was very good . I tasted a little bit of everything . I LoVe German food and since my DMIL is German , I'm familiar with my likes & dislikes . I was so full ... but I managed a piece of Bavarian cheesecake . I enjoyed the entertainment as well . As we were strolling back to the Beach Club, Illuminations was going off . We stopped on the bridge to take it on in and I think it was then that it really hit me ... I was home .
    Part 2 Cindy, Christian and I invade MK

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It's always nice when you get "home" isn't it Debs :hug2: You had a brilliant view :D