1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Last minute trip to Boston - day 3

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mainecoon lover, Sep 8, 2010.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

We were awake again and silly o'clock and decided just to make the most of the short time we had here. We got up and showered and dh decided he would like to eat breakfast at the same place as yesterday. It was a hotter day again today, the locals kept telling us they were going to be getting a heat wave in the next couple of days, i dread to think as it was 95 degrees whilst we were there.

Dh had a healthy omelette for breakfast were i choose the very unhealthy french toast with banana fosters ( i eat healthy all year, were's he does not ;)) It was very yummy but i was beaten after eating only half of it.

[​IMG][/IMG]

We had a stroll around Faneuil hall but most of it was shut due to not opening till 10am but it was nice to see it with out the crowds.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

We made our way down to the wharf for our whale watching tour which was at 10am. We got a cold drink and sat near the boat people watching. People started to form a queue so we joined them when this chinese guy came along and ordered everyone to stand in an orderly line by the boat, nobody listen. A member of staff came along and asked the same when the chinese guy (tourist) when into a frenzy saying i told them that and they did nothing :d::d:. He had been on the trip the day before and did not see any whales so was given a ticket for another day.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Thankfully there were plenty of whales for us to see.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

After an hour of watching the whales we made our way back (we were out there for 4 hours although was told 3 hours)

View of Boston from the sea

[​IMG][/IMG]
  2. mainecoon lover

We made our way back to Quincy market to grab a quick burger. We then decided to have a walk around the waterfront marina. This was a really lovely walk and boy do some people have lots of money.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Myself and Nakieta the cat keep threatening them all home here we are going to retire to a lovely apartment in Falmouth, forget that we are now going to retire here ;)

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
  3. mainecoon lover

IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

We made our way back to the hotel for a rest as the heat and all the walking is taking it's toll.

We then made our way down to the harbour for dinner and ate at Joe's American bar and diner.

Dh had salmon and i had the lobster ravioli which was very yummy :tounge:. I washed this down with a fruit salad cocktail which went down very well

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

The food really was good.

We decided to check out the area for a bit but being a Sunday most shops were closing so we decided perhaps an early night
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I see you found my smaller yacht. I keep it in Boston while I'm staying here in IL. :lol:

Look! Whales! How cool!
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It's great that you were able to see so many whales! :yes:
  6. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

This report is making me hungry!!!:tongue:
  7. mainecoon lover

i will let you know when i am in town next ;)