1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

last minute trip to Boston - day 4

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by mainecoon lover, Sep 8, 2010.

1. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Sadly this was our last day and we were due to fly home later. We had managed to sleep in until 6am today which was good :d:. We lazed around for a bit and done some packing. We did not have to be out of the room until 12pm so decided as it was so hot we would come back at 11:30 am to have a shower and finish the packing. We had also decided against breakfast as we would eat a decent lunch as we all know airline food is not up to much. I did have to have a coffee and danish or else i would have been giddy for the day.

Dh decided he wanted to go and see the Boston tea party so we made our way by the directions in our tour book. I said in a sarky voice to dh i am sure we were here yesterday and he said we were not, but we were ;). We could not understand how we could not see it as we were in the area, so i said i would ask. Apparently it burnt down the year before our our brand new guide book was out of date.

We walked back towards Faneuil hall so i could get a last few bits for dd. We passed Panera bread on the way back so i told dh i would be buying some of their lovely fruit bread and a loaf for home. I know bread in the USA is not good but this is really good :tounge: much to his disgusted i came out with my purchases.

Faneuil hall

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

We then made our way back to the hotel to freshen up and finish packing. We left our luggage at the hotel and went for lunch at Joe's again and i will confess i had the lobster ravioli again as it was that good and two cocktails ;)

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

We made our way back to get our luggage and caught the T which was quick and easy again.We checked in for our flight were dh noticed we were not sitting together. We asked the guy who was tagging luggage and he said he would try to sort it. He came back and said he had managed it. We had our first experience of body scanners which was ok. We wasted a couple of hours in the bar before we were called to board, well you have to when you are child free or Beth in our case who i guess is not a child any more.

When boarding we made our way back to economy when i said to dh we had gone to far. We doubled back to find two little seats all on their own. I am not sure we were in PE as we got the same food as economy which was chicken and pasta. The seats went flat though so we had a great sleep on the way home :D. The flight was soon over and we had the long journey from heathrow to Redruth.

Sadly on getting home we realised we yet again had a poorly cat, this time it was Tinkerbell who was only a year old. Sadly we had to say good bye to her. I am pleased and not pleased we went due to the circumstances. We do hope to go again next year with Beth as there is so much more to see and do. We also want to tour New England but it will depend on flight prices with Beth.

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

What a lovely trip and lots of seafood. Talk about a whirlwind trip. You flew all the way across the pond for a few days and here I am thinking I wouldn't fly a few hours for a weekend trip. ;)

I'm so glad you shared it with us. I'm so sorry about your beloved cats. :hug2:

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

When you return perhaps you'll try Union Oyster House. The food there is remarkably good. :yes:

4. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Your trip reports made me so homesick for my favorite city in the world! I love Boston - even if I don't do seafood - and was thrilled to see some of my favorite places in your photos!

5. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Great report, thanks for bring us along!! And what Tink said, you'll love the Oyster House.

6. mainecoon lover

In a way i wish we ate there than Legal seafood but dh won the choice that day. Hope to try in the not to distant future

7. mainecoon lover

Its so stunning and although i love NYC, Boston comes out tops :yes:

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not a huge fan of Legal Seafood. It does a huge business though, so many people clearly are!

9. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

I like the size of the town. It's an easily walkable town. It isn't huge and spread out like some places. Lots of great things to see and do. It's quaint and modern all at the same time! I love wandering through the burying grounds, looking at all the old head stones. I've toured some beautiful churches. I've seen some great parades. I've had some wonderful meals.