1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Lawsuit against SeaWorld dropped

Discussion in 'SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Aquatica News & Rumou' started by Wendy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

A lawsuit related to the 2010 death of SeaWorld trainer Dawn Brancheau was dismissed by a Florida judge.

Suzanne and Todd Connell sued the park because their 12-year old son witnessed Brancheau's drowning during the "Dine with Shamu" show. The suit was dismissed by Judge Julie O'Kane, saying that the parents "have failed to state a cause of action against SeaWorld for negligent or intentional infliction of emotional distress." She did say that she believed the son was traumatized, but that it couldn't be proven that SeaWorld caused intentional infliction of emotional distress.
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I saw this on the news while out there, I can't believe they did this in the first place!
  3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I think its terrible they did it, its like they are trying to make money out of something so tragic
  4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:yes: completely ridiculous, it didn't happen intentionally, the family saw $ signs as far as I'm concerned, glad it got thrown out.