1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Limited Time Magic

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by CouchFisher, Jan 26, 2013.

1. CouchFisher

CouchFisher Earning my ears

I just left WDW yesterday, oh does it suck to be back home in the cold and snow.

Nevertheless, we got to see the old characters but I have a tip and inside information to pass along.

1. When the characters line up at Main Street in the Magic Kingdom, they are only out for 20 minutes and then take a 30 minute break. Plan accordingly based on the line, it crushed my 5 year old's heart when they left just two spots from the front after waiting over 45 minutes as we anticipated the characters and the early lineup.

2. While waiting, cast members told us that they are bringing out the Disney Princes (yes, the dudes...) for Valentines Day week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

great tips thanks!

I often wondered about the queue for characters (which we've never done) Do they make it up to you in any way or just say "ok thats it?"

I wonder why they don't stop people joining the queue at a point instead and then make sure to see everyone who managed to join the queue

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

It seems to work really well, the cast members do hurry people up nicely of they're lingering too long. We tend to just have a photo and move on. Gaston however was not allowing this and he was very embarrassing! Caitlin was just giggling.

They do tend to say to people if the character is going in for a break and will often give you an approximate wait time if asked.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

In the past I have actually seen many cases where they did stop people from getting in line and tell them how long the wait would be before the character came back.

5. CouchFisher

CouchFisher Earning my ears

I wish they would have. We did speak to guest services and they were not very sympathetic about the experience. They actually told my wife, "it is an extra bonus for arriving at this time, and not part of the overall Magic Kingdom experience."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh that's awful, what a thing to say :nono: Guest Services should know better than that. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the characters.