1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Liquor returns to Hog’s Head Pub at Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by Isafari, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

If you’re looking to buy a rum and Coke or a Tanqueray and tonic at Hog’s Head Pub while visiting Wizarding World of Harry Potter, you can now order them again.

Shortly after WWOHP opened at Universal Orlando, liquor was taken off the shelves because of the high demand of butterbeer, according to Universal Orlando spokesman Tom Schroder. For the past week or so they’ve been phasing it back into the bar. Although, Schroder says its stay is contingent on the demand for butterbeer, which is what the majority of the guests order while there. If it slows down the service of butterbeer, then they’ll have to reevaluate.

Otherwise, Hog’s Head is now a standard full-service bar with options including Cuervo Gold, Smirnoff and Glenlivit. Prices range from $6.50-$7.75.

But if you’re looking for a spiked butterbeer, think again. Schroder says butterbeer will remain non-alcoholic.

Attached Files:

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

You could always order one and a shot ......hey presto, spiked butter beer :thumbsup:

3. Isafari

So true.
    Tried the butter beer and it was waaaaaaay too sweet for me!

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I so so so want to do the harry potter land but since nothing else at universal interests me and I hear the queues are stupidly long I just don't know :/

5. Isafari

When we were there Keith, the queues were fine at 5 mins for what used to be Duelling Dragons and 15 to 20 mins for the Forbidden Journey. The line is continuously moving too so it doesn't seem so bad.
    We aren't big ride fans but still spend a couple of hours at Islands Of Adventure every trip just to take in the theming as our Universal Studios tickets covers both parks.....and we always have those tickets as we love US - especially the shows.

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Brilliant thanks!!!! sounds like a plan :yes:

7. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

You could always stay one night at a US hotel, we loved PBR