1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Little known Disney Secrets

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by disaholic, Jul 24, 2009.

1. disaholic

disaholic Earning my ears

I love this kind of stuff, do you have any?

1. Fastest ride at walt disney world? The Monorail! (well, almost)
    Did you know that Space and Big Thunder Mountain only move at 26 mph? Pretty slow for a roller coaster. The Monorail was the fastest ride in Disney until Test Track was installed in Epcot..

2. The fountain at Epcot Innoventions Plaza can shoot water 150 feet in the air -- within 30 feet of the top of Spaceship Earth. If all of the shooters were fired at once, there would be 2,000 gallons of water in the air.

3. Spaceship Earth, the visual and thematic centerpiece of Epcot, weighs 16 million pounds -- more than three times that of a Space Shuttle fully fueled and ready for launch. The outer "skin" of Spaceship Earth is made up of 11,324 aluminum and plastic-alloy triangles. Also, did you know that rainwater never falls off the sphere? It's absorbed into the ball and funneled away.

4. Did you know that Disney World recycles all the human waste from the parks and hotels....

It's true, the solid and liquids are seperated and the solids are used as fertilizer on the tree farm, where all the trees for the parks are grown. The liquids are then cleaned naturally by growing hydrangas in them and then the water is sent off to the sprinkler system.

When you look around, you'll see little signs that say "THIS IS NOT DRINKING WATER!" Now you know what they really mean by that!

2. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I love the fountain at Epcot especially at night when it changes colors and now that I had lessons on my Sony H 5 and bought a tripod , I can't wait till October . A different type of trip this time .
    Ewwww, not so sure I needed to know about the waste . Sorry :lol:

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

:blech:

Not something I needed to read before lunch.

4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

wow!

really cool secrets! :)

5. justme

justme Earning my ears

wow thats relly interesting about the waste -must remin Hilda to stay away from the sprinklers though:blech::blech::blech:

6. Freckles

Freckles Earning my ears

Definitely will keep #4 in mind!!!!!!!!:yes:

7. cricket

cricket Earning my ears

Huh. I find the recycling info fascinating, and very responsible on Disney's behalf. But, I'll admit that I'll look at all the landscaping with new eyes! :lol:

8. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Yuk! I'm never going to run through sprinklers again!