1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

live mini trippie - new years eve at Epcot

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Isafari, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We arrived at Epcot around 9.30am. It was a lovely sunny day but we chose to rent a locker to keep a jumper in just in case it got cooler tonight as we would be here until after midnight.

We headed stright to Soarin' for a fatpass but they were ALL gone! The park was going to be busy today!

So, the plan was to have no plan. Just wander wherever our feet took us. DH had a go on the video games in Innoventions and we looked in a few shops - even bought a present for a friend which we popped into the locker. The attraction lines were enormous to say the least. 200minutes for Test Track - we gave it a miss.

Heading into Worls Showcase via Mexico, DH fancies some nachos fromthe new outdoor area - we even managed to grab a table after a few minutes. Mexican food isn't my cup of tea so I just sat looking pretty while DH ate!

We made our way around popping into the various shops and catching Voices of Liberty who sang my fave song - When You Wish Upon A Star. Brought a tear to my eyes.

Oh, I had a snack in germany of a toasted sandwich. I've heard so may good things about the 'school bread' that I tried that too.

Kate - I went into the new Wurthers toffee shop just for you. I bought you a toffee and marshmallow whirl but after thinking long and hard about it for two seconds, I decided it wouldn't survive the journey back to the UK so I ate it. I did take photos of it though - and of me eating it :lol:

We also watched Mo'Rockin and Off Kilter whose line up today was poor.

We rang home to wish family a Happy New Year.

DH watched the drummers in Japan who hold no interest for me what so ever - I think they're my least favorite entertainment in WS. We also caught Sergio.

Before we knew it, we were feeling hungry again. I had made an ADR for San Angel Inn but, after looking at the menu again, cancelled as it just wasn't to my taste at all and DH already had a little taste of Mexico earlier. We asked at Chefs Du France on the off chance they had any walk ins. The guy nearly laughed at us - and told us he had 1100 ADR's for today. We also tried our luck at Rose & Crown and hey ho, we were given a buzzer which had us a table within a few minutes.
    We both had a cup of leek & potato soup followed by the Sunday Roast. DH's beef was gorgeous - mine was very very fatty and I left it.

It was nearly time for the first Illuminations of the evening which we watchd from Canada.

Then, we headed straight to DJ Spooner's dance party. We love being here on NYE with everyone from 2 to 92 dancing. The DJ is always very entertaining and the atmosphere is unbeatable. we had a good old sing song and danced to all of the corny Electric Slide/Macarrena/Burger Song/Chicken Dance etc before breaking for the second showing of Illuminations which we just watched from Future World.

It's been a fantastic day and I just turn to DH to tell him so when the guy next to me whips out his winkle and starts to pee. No typo!!! He really did this much to the annoyance from everyone around him, he just continued to pee. This was no child either, it was a grown man.

So, there endeth our magic for the day!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  2. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Naughty girl! :lol: Never mind, its the thought that counts eh! :wink:

OMG that is shocking about that man, what on earth was he thinking?? :eek:

3. Isafari

:yes: :lol:

Haven't forgot my promise to go twice either so I'll drag myself in there next week for some other delight. The lengths I go to for pals knows no boundaries!

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'd SO love to be there for new years eve one year I really would. The cost of the flights and the crowds always tends to put me off but I HAVE to try it!

5. Isafari

it's truly awesome :yes:
    I think Tinkerbell spent NYE at MK so I'm waiting to see how she managed the crowds. MK fireworks are excellent on NYE.

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

If you had to choose which would be the best park for NYE if you knew it was the only time you'd be there, which would you go to?

7. Isafari

Magic Kingdom.
    We do love Epcot because of the dance party. However it does lack the extra special Disney magic for me which comes from the parades and shows.
    However, the downside is trying to get back to the car park which took us nearly three hours one year. :jawdrop:
    At Epcot, we walked back to the car and were out within a few minutes.

8. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I have to go find my jaw.....peeing?! Still looking for my jaw.

200 minutes? I think there is an extra 0 in there, right?! Wow!

1100 ADRS? An extra 0 again.

Wow!

9. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

gosh it sounds busy :( i wouldnt have waited either.
    i love the drummers at japan they are one of my favorite things i could watch them for hours :)

enjoy the rest of your hols :)

10. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Imagineer

:wave:
    Glad you had a great night, although the man peeing is just ewwww :nono:

MK was HEAVING! But it has to be said it was an amazing experience.
    It only took us an hour from leaving our viewing spot near Buzz to being in the car which surprised me as word has it that park was at stage 3 closure by 10.30am.
    Everyone was in such great sprirts, we were even all dancing to YMCA as we lined up for the monorail to the TTC, great fun!

11. Isafari

So pleased NYE went well for you - aren't MK fireworks wonderful :yes:

12. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Must try it for New Year Eve one day....

Good Grief someone peed?! Gasp! Flipping cheek! Should have given him a little slap down below.....:yes:

13. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Sounds like a great day, apart from the obvious bloke at the end :wink: I think you're torturing Kate though hehe :lol: