1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Live Trip Report 2

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Aug 20, 2011.

1. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

Alright so after check in we unpacked bought 4 cups and grabbed some sodas and headed over to Magic Kingdom. My daughter has been afraid to do Space Mountain in the past so when we arrived she immediately asked if we could fastpass it. The wait for our passes was 1 hour and a half so we did The Laugh Factory and Paging Tom Morrow (my daughter calls it that).Our next ride was Haunted Mansion, the ending was new to us and we all loved it. After that we had lunch in Columbia Harbor?(not sure if that's the name). It was a pleasant surprise.The wife and I had the BLT salad,my son had fried shrimp and my daughter had chicken and fries. Everyone enjoyed their lunch. We headed over to Space Mountain and DD began to get nervous and I was certain that she would chicken out but she didn't. She was very proud if herself. She says once she does the Stitch ride she will have completed MK. After that we decided to head back to the hotel for a dip in the pool which allowed me to hit the pool bar for a couple of margaritas. We changed and headed back to MK for a couple more rides and dinner at Tonys Town Square. We were able to watch the parade from our table which was nice. As for the food it really wasn't that bad. I had the chicken parmesan and my wife had lasagna. The service was lacking. Our waiter took forever to take our order and even longer to bring our food and we couldn't find him to get our check. We were at dinner for about 1 and a half hours which for us is way too long. We are the type of people who eat and leave pretty quickly especially at Disney. Anyway after dinner we watched Wishes and then hit a couple more rides(Small World,Mickey Philharmagic,Buzz Lightyear. We were all wiped out so we decided that we had enough and headed back to the hotel. Tomorrow is Hollywood Studios.
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I am so jealous right now! :D Love live reports and I would love to be down there too! Sounds like a very full but fun day.
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Hooray for your daughter's bravery! Haven't ever dined at Tony's. Haven't really ever heard anything about it that sounded interesting enough to want us to go there. Herself (and me too when we are staying on property) wants wine with her dinner, so we don't generally eat a true meal in MK.

Columbia Harbor house is a decent place for a light lunch though. We've enjoyed it there too.
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

same with me, I wish they'd give up the no alcohol at MK thing. A glass of wine with dinner really isn't going to lead to the downfall of society.

Tony's is a weird place. The service always feels poor because the servers have that "yeah we'll all rushed every single day but we're used to it so eat and get out ok?" type of attitude. It's not that they're trying to be rubbish but they're just marching people through like sheep.

HOWEVER, the food has always been surprisingly good!

ps. I'm still too scared to do thunder mountain never mind space mountain
  5. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Is it just MK you cant get wine at? We dont drink so never take any notice of alcohol things!

Loving the live reports - im a bit jealous though i must admit!
  6. chief

chief Earning my ears

im loving these live trip reports too:yes:
    your daughter is very brave i did space mountain and i was very scared:yes: and i am 36!!!!!! i think i will give it a miss next time lol
    it sounds like you are having a great time.
    happy days:hug2:
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, Kate. Alcohol is sold in the other three Disney parks, but not at MK.