1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

live trippie from Ireland day 3 tues 12/8

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by ukjay, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ukjay

ukjay Earning my ears

the stream is much higher this morning as it rained hard last night so the water is running very quickly - too fast to paddle in today! :shrk:

we left home late morning and drove to Kilmore Quay which is a village with a working harbour. there were loads of fishing boats and lots of the fishermen were busy cleaning the boats after they had been out to catch fish, crabs etc.

as soon as we arrived we were amazed to see 2 seals being fed by 2 fishermen on a small boat. it was amazing and we were really excited to see them as we didn't get to last time we were here. :excited001:

we watched them for ages and mum took photos of course and after a while the men left. the next thing we knew they had driven up behind where we were standing on the quay side and asked mum if we wanted some fillets to feed the seals with.

well of course we said yes, so we went to the rocks which were a bit closer to the seals and 1 came over as it saw us sitting there. we fed it and it was brilliant, mum took even more photos.:rolleyes008:

we walked a long the quay side until it came to an end and sat on a barrier by the sea watching the boats.

when we walked back through the harbour there were 4 seals there now. it was incredible!

stay there, more to follow shortly!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Oh how neat is that!!! I've seen the harbor seals in Ireland! They are just the sweetest! :yes: We have them in Maine too. :yes:

3. ukjay

ukjay Earning my ears

after we left kilmore we went to bannow again so mum could see the church. it is very quite and remote up there although it's not too far away from civilisation!

mum took a couple of photos of the view the church and i noticed the grey clouds seemed to be reaching down into the sea. well suddenly there was a loud boom of thunder and shortly after there was a flash of lightening.

it was eerie as it was so quiet there. it didn't turn into a big storm though - just a bit of rain.

we drove down to the beach to let matthew collect a few stones and when he was on the beach there was some more lightening so mum said we should leave now really as we didn't want to get stuck on the beach in a storm.

we drove back past the river we had been been last night and the tide was really high now - typical! :rolleyes008:

we popped into the supermarket for a couple of things and went back to the house.

Ann cooked us dinner again and after that bill took me, matthew and dad to collect golf balls. as dad found the least amount of balls he had to buy ice creams on the way home!

when we got back we looked at the stars then went to bed! :lol:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  4. Tink

:lol: Poor Da! Hope the ice cream was good! :yes:

Nice reports! Thank you! :yes:

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

How lucky are you, getting to feed the seals :hug2: It sounds like you are having a great time.

So Mum is taking lots of photos :lol: she just wants to have a record of the holiday, I'm sure she won't post them anywhere :) especially not on an internet site about Disney :wink: :lol: :hug2:

6. Grammiepo

Grammiepo Daisy Inspector

OH but I sure would like to see those pictures, another one of those trips I would love to take.

7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Great reports :p015: It sounds like you are having a wonderful time and packing so much into your days. Can't wait to see the photos!
    Thanks for taking the time to write about holiday and, thanks for sharing it with us :hug2:

8. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

You had ice cream again?!....... I'm coming on holiday with you next time.

9. ukjay

ukjay Earning my ears

yep more ice cream!

i put some photos on my original post again.

10. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

well, isn't it a good job Mum was there taking lots of photos or you wouldn't have been able to show everyone what you did! ;)

11. Tink

OH! Nice photos! I love the seals! The rain in the distance is so dramatic, isn't it? That's a goodly storm for Ireland. :yes:

Thank you!