1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

live trippie from Ireland day 4 Weds 13/8

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by ukjay, Aug 16, 2008.

1. ukjay

ukjay Earning my ears

we decided to go to town today to try and spend some money! we noticed lots of building work going on like new apartments and stuff.

it is a very busy town but we found a parking space on the front near the quay and walked up the side streets to the main street up the hill. there were some road works going on up there. it is a narrow street because it is old but with a mixture of new shops and some old buildings made into shops.

we realised we had joined the main street 1/2 way along but couldn't be bothered going back to start again! i had a sore knee and matthew was tired so he needed to keep sitting down! :(

we looked in some shops and me and matthew had a burger for lunch. Mum bought a green zip up hoodie and i got a new leather wallet. :D

we walked back along the quayside and just as we got to where we couldn't make a run for shelter it started pouring so we had to try and quickly get our raincoats out of the bag but we were all soaked by then anyway! :rolleyes008:

we got back to the car and drove around trying to find the new supermarket which we managed after going down loads of side streets then we got some food for tonights dinner then went back to the house.

Mums aunty and uncle who are bills mum and dad popped in to say hello with their litle jack russell who is 12 weeks old. :doggy1:

me and matthew forced dad into going in the stream and me and matthew got soaked again! later we played cricket in the field, had showers then went to bed ready for a long day out tomorrow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Sounds like you still had a lot of fun in spite of the rain :yes:
    Did you take any puppy photos?
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

One of my most favorite things I did while in Ireland was have a good old wander around the village. I honestly believe that is the best way to get a feel for the area, the folks that live there, the customs, the likes and dislikes and if you look in the windows, which team they support! :D

I love the day you had! Sorry you got wet though! The little Jack Russell must have been fun! :yes:

Looking forward to reading about your long day! :yes:
  4. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

of course we got a couple of puppy photos to show you! Tink, when were you in Ireland and where were you?
  5. Tink

Too long ago. :( 2002. :sigh;

Visited Bunratty, Limerick, Bantry Bay (be still my heart) Adair, Cahir, Cork, Blarney (NO! I didn't kiss the stone :rolleyes: ) Killarney, Dublin...

Drove the Ring of Kerry. Stopped in several little places like Waterville etc...

Didn't see near what I wanted to. :sigh; (Other family members went to Wicklow, but I did an extra day in Dublin. I wanted to see Trinity, the Books of Kells and Omagh and the Long Library, Temple Bar, Merchant O'Shea's...).
  6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Aw a lickle baby jack russell... sounds like a good day... did you get ice cream today?
  7. ukjay

ukjay Earning my ears

photos added.

Mum said to tell you that after going lots of times she last went twice in 1998 when i was little and then not again until 2006, and when we went in 1998 we went on the Ring of Kerry too on the way to see my cousins daughter.
  8. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

:lol: i just noticed the name of one of the shops in the 2nd photo - if i'd known our Jacqui was there i'd have popped in to say hello! :D
  9. Tink

Oh the photos are beautiful. I love the towns/cities/villages in Ireland. :yes: