1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

live video at disney?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by disneymom, Aug 10, 2008.

  1. disneymom
    Offline

    disneymom Imagineer

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2008
    Messages:
    866
    Likes Received:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    18
    A few weeks ago I was watching a video someone was making live from their hotel room at disney. It was really fun to watch does anyone know if there are any at the moment? and how to I make one when Im there next?
     
  2. Tink
    Offline

    Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    26,120
    Likes Received:
    473
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Do you mean a web cam that others can access via the 'net and see the view from the camera? :unsure:

    I know you need a web cam set up and a laptop (I think) but nope, I'm not the tekknikkal one for that! :lol: Keith will know though. :yes: Mick too, most likely. :yes:
     
  3. keith
    Offline

    keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2008
    Messages:
    19,510
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    yep Tink's absolutely right! It's a webcam attached to a laptop and broadcasting across the net often using the new site http://www.ustream.tv If you go there and search on disney you often find one

    It's actually very easy to do :yes:

    I'm kinda still not sure how much I want to advertise I have a laptop in my room but I admit it's tempting to try.
     
  4. Tink
    Offline

    Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    26,120
    Likes Received:
    473
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Oh geez. Never thought of that Keith! :unsure: Is it concern for the housekeeping staff, or something else? :unsure:
     
  5. keith
    Offline

    keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2008
    Messages:
    19,510
    Likes Received:
    433
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I'm afraid so. Now ok that's just my paranoia perhaps but I have had things taken from Disney rooms before and although I'm sure 99% are honourable, it worries me that I'd be advertising "laptop here" to the other 1%.

    Still I have a few older laptops so perhaps I'll try it in december :)
     
  6. Tink
    Offline

    Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    Messages:
    26,120
    Likes Received:
    473
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Oh geez. :sigh; I've not had anything taken, but I left something (rather valuable) behind once. I called within twenty minutes of checkout (should have just gone back) and for days and days after. Never did get it back. Was told that "the next people checking in" must have taken it. Right. That excuse didn't mesh with the actual circumstances.

    I've been much more careful since. :( (However I did just leave my cell phone charger behind in NC. :rolleyes: ).
     

Share This Page