1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando Reveals Renovated Rooms

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure News & Rumo' started by Wendy, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

All 750 rooms and suites at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando have been completely renovated with a fresh, new Mediterranean-inspired design that enhances the guest experience. Designers took their inspiration for the new rooms from the upscale, sun-drenched resort of Portofino, Italy and its historic harbor along the Italian Riviera.

This massive $14 million renovation project took more than 5,000 gallons of paint, nearly 45,000 total work hours and more than 35,000 yards of carpeting to complete. A special time-lapse video captured the transformation of one room from start to finish.

[video=youtube_share;E3rfs0MZQqI]http://youtu.be/E3rfs0MZQqI[/video] ​

“The new rooms celebrate the charm, romance and glamour of Portofino, Italy’s grand vacation villas and hotels,” says Karen Daroff of Daroff Design. “A refined palette in soft neutral cream colors, paired with sun-baked shades of aqua are complemented by rich, terra cotta-colored marble and custom-designed, white-washed furnishings.”

Featuring cobblestone piazzas, outdoor cafés and a nightly balcony show, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort and is connected to Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Universal CityWalk by a scenic waterway. Hotel guests enjoy three themed swimming pools, seven restaurants and lounges, a world-class spa and an exclusive package of theme park benefits including Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and complimentary Universal Express Unlimited ride access, allowing guests to skip the regular theme park lines all day.

Guests can save up to 30 percent when they stay three nights or more with the Stay More Save More promotion. During value season, rates start at $196 plus tax per night, based on a seven-night stay. For reservations, visit http://universalorlando.com/portofinobay or call (888) 273-1311.

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

it's a beautiful resort, i hope they've kept the beds as comfortable as they were divine. Very tastefully done, can't wait to go back there one day, just Jon and I :yes:

3. Wendy

If it's just the two of you, maybe you could go and renew your vows or for a special anniversary :D

4. Britchick

Jon doesn't see the point of renewing vows as neither of us has broken them :shrug1: i don't really want to do something like that if he's not that bothered. Wouldn't mean anything. He has however stated that he would like a nice party for our 25th in 3 years time (haven't quite booked venue yet but know where i want to go :wink:) and then a second honeymoon. Not decided where we'd like to go for that one. Toying with the idea of Singapore/Vietnam/Thailand or maybe Sandals. So it's not like it's not going to cost him :lol:

5. Wendy

I can see his point :yes:

We renewed our vows in Hawaii on a secluded beach, we'd had a really tough few years with my health and re-affirming our love for each other, not that either of us doubted it, just seemed right.

6. Britchick

i'm still going to get a nice dress, party holiday out of it... :rotfl:

7. Wendy

Thats's what I like to hear :lol: