1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Lost

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by chanaly3, Apr 3, 2011.

1. chanaly3

chanaly3 Earning my ears

Hi, I'm new here and my husband and I are planning an October Disney World vacation. I don't know where to start. Do I go to a travel agent..do I book online...do I call myself? What is the best thing to do? Please help. Thanks!
  2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

Hi and welcome to Secrets.

We always book ourselves and search around online for flights etc.

We like to do lots of research and that makes the planning so much a part of the build up to our trip.

Obviously our accomodation is already sorted, but what you need to decide is what you are looking for in a holiday.

Onsite or offsite
    Dining plan - again ias it important to be on site or are you happy to try restaurants off site
    Will you be hiring a car so you can see other things in Florida besides the theme parks

There are so many knowledgeable people here and we can all help you so please ask away - you'll get all the help you need

Sandra
  3. chanaly3

chanaly3 Earning my ears

Thanks Sandra! My husband and I are planning to fly there October 7th and do not plan to go off site and see other things. We want to stay in the park, eat there..etc. I've just started to do some searching online and also want to find some books, which I'm going to look for today. I'll have plenty of questions...so you'll hear from me again. Thanks! Chris
  4. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

I only stay at the villa so can't really help you with the onsite stuff but most secrets members tend to stay on site and they will all help you.

I believe there is a Disney Dining Plan but I don't know how it works, maybe this is something you can think about?

Make the most of this forum - it will help you tremendously. :)

Sandra
  5. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

Chris, I bought this PDF about 2 years ago: Disney Secrets. It's by a former Cast Member.

May not be the most comprehensive, but since you've never visited yet, you'll learn a plethora of good information.

As far as booking and reservations, Disney itself offers pretty good packages where you choose a resort, add in park tickets and then add the dining plan. They have been calling that the "magic your way" plan.

Since you've stated you won't be leaving Disney property, I would highly encourage you to make use of the dining plan. It includes access to hundreds of unique dining experiences for your stay. That being said, once you DO book your vacation, I would highly encourage you to start looking at those restaurants and make those reservations early. Many of the restaurants do not offer walk-up seating as so many now take advantage of the dining plan.

Once you have your lodging and park-related stuff settled, then move on to finding your flights.

Please ask as many questions as you can come up with as us Disney Veterans would be glad to assist you in ensuring your Disney experience exceeds your expectations!

Jamie
  6. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

Im taking it you come from the uk!!

why not get a quote from our own UK travel agent here on secrets, Florida Deals (Karen) PM her your requirements and im sure she will come up with a great deal for you

if you want to book separately then book flights 1st without a doubt, then accommodation then anything else doesnt matter what order you book in

id look at orlando ticket deals for tickets, they always seem to be good VFM :)

have fun planning