1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Lowest attendance times?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by foreverducky, Aug 31, 2009.

1. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I would like my next visit to WDW to be during one of the lower attendance times, so I was wondering when attendance is at it's lowest? :unsure:
    February comes to mind as having lower attendance, but isn't there a cheerleading thing during that time?

Also, how is early october?

I have only visited during peak times, summer and Christmas.

2. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We have only been in October (twice) and we usually find it fairly "slow" in Disney measurements. We went for 2 weeks the last time and the week leading up to Columbus day was a little more packed but after the holiday it seemed like everyone went home :yes:

3. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Unless everyone's now in on the secret after all these years, the lowest attendance time is from the week following Thanksgiving (that'd be the very last week of November/1st week of December) all the way up to the week prior to Christmas.

Second slowest are the 2nd full week in November up to the weekend prior to Thanksgiving.

Other lighter-traffic times are September (after Labor Day) and October. February can be tricky--I know that in my state, we get a February vacation during the 3rd full week that sends tons of people to WDW.

The only down side (if there even IS one) would be that during the slower times of the year, the parks tend to close up a bit earlier, and some attractions/rides might be closed for refurbishing.

Sounds like you're planning a trip, congrats!

4. foreverducky

Thanks guys! I am thinking about a trip. I would like to get another trip in before I leave for internship (2 years). But like I said, I want to avoid the crowds and the heat too.

5. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

One benefit to going in November, if it's convenient for your schedule to travel then, is that the holiday decorations are usually all decked out right after Thanksgiving...so you can get the "ooooh and ahhhhh" factor minus the crowds, and give your holiday mood a jump start too!

6. foreverducky

That is true! WDW does go all out on the decorations. I love the decorations in the WL, so pretty.

How is early January?

7. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

If I'm not mistaken, the Unofficial Guide says that attendance eases up quite a bit right after New Year's.:thumbsup:

8. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

We have been in November twice now, normal about the 4th November and it is always quite, plus as already said the Christmas dec's start going on and the MVMCP starts, We get on all the rides really quickly and never have to fights for a space to watch the shows.

9. foreverducky

Early November would be nice as my birthday is in the first week.

10. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I think Skywatcher and his family have visited WDW a number of times during January. Or was it February? :mental:

It's been a rough week--and it's only Monday! :rolleyes:

11. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We have found that with each passing year, January crowds are taking longer and longer to ease off.
    We didn't used to notice any crowd increase with the marathon weekend but now we do and some tend to turn it into a holiday staying the week before they run or the week after.

12. foreverducky

Good to know! I am determined to go when the weather is decent (even a little chilly) and crowds are low. I will definitely mark off the first part of January.