1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Luau or hoop dee do?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Disfan, May 7, 2009.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Just wondering if anyone has tried both of these which one is the best and are they on every night of the year or only selected times?

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Makahiki Luau is usually on Wednesday through Sunday.
    Spirit of Aloha is Tuesday through Saturday having two shows each night.

We have been to both I preferred the Aloha where DH enjoyed the Luau best. The show is longer with the Aloha. The girls wear less at the Luau! :lol:
    They are however both family shows and both good entertainment.
    Foodwise, I'd pick the Aloha.
    There are highlights from both shows in our video and audio section of the site.

SPIRIT OF ALOHA

MAKAHIKI LUAU

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I think it also depends on who you are going with

I havent been to the hoop de doo, butIve done spirit of aloha

We had a great time, it is a buffet, however, the food is brought to your table, and its an all you can eat, but with only 2 or 3 things to pick from, all with tropical taste... If I remember correctly we had banana bread and pork in pinapple sauce...

The show is good, I thought it would be a bit more Disney themed, but it wasnt.... still, it was pretty good, and if you time it right you can watch MK fireworks from the Poly beach afterwards

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Apologies :doh: I read the thread wrong!
    We have done Hoop de Doo too and, if it were a choice between this and the Makahiki Luau, I'd choose the Luau every time :yes:
    The Hoop de Doo was just over the top way too corny for us! However, there are folks here who love it and have gone to see the show often.