1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

luau or ohana?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Tiggery, Nov 1, 2008.

?

which is best? ohana or the luau?

1. Ohanas

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Luau

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Tiggery

Tiggery Earning my ears

I think we can only fit one of these in, which do you like best? Ill attach a poll if I can

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've only been to 'Ohana and the Sea World luau so I'll not vote. I will say though, that I'd give the luau a try before 'Ohana. Keep in mind that I am not as huge a fan of 'Ohana as are many here, so that is the reason for my comment.

The luau at Sea World was a nice enough experience with the entertainment being better than the food. Plus, we were seated at common tables and that is something neither of us like too well, but we survived. :)

I do beleive the luau would cost considerably more though, so if that is a factor you may want to check on price before you make your final decision.

3. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

It would be Ohana for me :D

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

oh tough one :/

The Seaworld luau is a bit more authentic (although uscwest will laugh at me for saying that because it's not REALLY authentic at all) and the disney one is a bit more disneyfied.

The Luau is a dinner show so you have things to watch whilst you eat. The food is average, no better, no worse, average.

Ohanas can be brilliant or so-so depending where you sit, the time you go, your server. The server, or servers, is/are quite important here. We went once and sat by the window. Firework music piped in. There were hula dancing lessons for the kids, coconut chasing with brooms, all sorts of fun stuff. The food was hot, tasty and a great night. The last time we went we were sat in the middle of an aisle very close to the entrance. Very busy with people walking past, very busy with people walking out of the kitchen, despite that, service was awful :( The menu had changed, food less tasty and they didnt pipe the music in for the fireworks that evening.

Sooooo it's a hard question for me :/ On a good night, I feel ohanas is better for almost everything including food. On a bad night I feel the luau would be a better choice as its a more consistent experience based on our visits

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Having been to a luau in Hawaii (actually on Oahu) I'll take the Sea World version. :sigh; The entertainment was much better and more accurate! :eek: Food was about the same.

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I voted for 'Ohana since we go there every trip and we just love it. I've not been to the Luau at Disney but I have been to the one at Universal. It was ok. I liked the entertainment.

7. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

I have done Luau at both Seaworld and Disney and much prefer the Seaworld version. The Disney one is good but i felt it was not very authentic. Although never been to an authentic one. We were meant to do Ohana last year but never made it sadly.

8. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I voted for Ohanas . I was told the Luau was nice, but the food wasn't that great . We love the fun & entertainment at Ohanas .

9. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Well.. having only been to the Luau at Disney.... we had a great time

the food was pretty good, the show was nice and we got to see the fireworks from MK when we left