1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Lunch!

Discussion in 'Mouse on the Move' started by Beccaberry, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

[​IMG]

Walked by at exactly noon, and decided we'd give the line a shot. At the ordering kiosk at 12:16!! Lovely in here!!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

So the line wasn't too bad for lunch! That's very heartening! I'm so excited to eat there!!

3. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

That was quite a short wait. Well done. I hope you enjoyed lunch.

Mags

4. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Was lunch good? We did dinner there the other night, and have a fastpass for lunch on Sunday.

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

So cannot wait to eat there next year! :wiggle:

6. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Becca..what did you think of the fare? Worth all the wait (normal wait)?

7. Beccaberry

I'd give it a 10/10 for "experience" - the dining areas truly are beautiful and amazing. Even with the busy, somewhat, "cafeteria" feel it had during the counter service lunch rush, the beauty surrounds you and draws you in. I can only imagine the feeling it must have at night during table service. I loved the Rose Room, but the girls chose to eat in the ballroom - and quite frankly, I could have sat there and watched the snow fall for the rest of the day! We ordered at the self-serve kiosk, though there were ample CM's lingering about in case you encountered trouble, and the girls were absolutely FLABBERGASTED that our food just...appeared...at the table we selected. They just kept asking over and over...how did they know where we were sitting? how did they find us?? Our server (delightful!) just smiled and said, "Well as you know, this is an enchanted castle!" Very well done.

I'd give the value and food a 8/10 - The menu seemed somewhat limited IMO. Eventually, we each chose the Croque Monsieur (Grilled Sandwich of Carved Ham and Gruyere Cheese and Bechamel with Pommes Frites) at $11.19 each, dessert (Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, Lemon Meringue Cupcake, Chocolate Cream Puff) at $2.99 each, and 3 sodas. For the three of us, it came to just over $50. A bit steep, IMO, for what A) was ultimately just a toasted ham & cheese sandwich and, B) I considered small(ish) portions. Though the portions were completely adequate, I say small(ish) based on typical Disney portions. The food was hot and fresh, and tasted quite good, so no complaints there; and it was quite nice having real plates and flatware. I also LOVED how the food was brought to our table in little covered rollers - quite fancy!

I definitely enjoyed eating there, and would certainly go back. For a first visit, it was WELL worth the wait. After having done it once though, I don't think I'd wait any longer than 15 minutes to go back again (for lunch).

IMG_4217.JPG IMG_4218.JPG IMG_4219.JPG

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  8. Vikki

We just went for lunch, with a FP. It was great! The line was 40 minutes and we walked past the whole thing! I like how they have water and umbrellas out for those in line though.
    Really enjoyed the whole experience. Food was delicious! Especially the quiche :)

9. Beccaberry

So glad to hear you enjoyed it, Vikki! I almost ordered the quiche, so I'm glad to hear it was tasty!

Meant to say, when we were there, the family who stepped into line at the same time asked how long the wait was, and were told 45 minutes - which wasn't even close - and we were stretched all the way down the wall...so even if it seems long, you might want to give it a try because it moves rather quickly.

The umbrellas were a nice touch, though PLEASE be responsible with them. We saw several families allowing small children to hold them and they quickly became dangerous.

10. Vikki

A family who went in the normal line weren't even near the front when we left.

11. Beccaberry

Wow. Not worth waiting that long, IMO.