1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Mac Software Question?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Watchinherskip, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

I know this is right in someone's wheelhouse. I am looking for a low cost (re: FREE) program that will allow me to download flv files from youtube, or quicktime videos from NASA and convert them to wmv and mov files.

Any ideas? I have Realdownloader for my school issued laptop, but would like to be able to do projects for the planetarium at home on my Mac.

Thanks for our insights!

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

'Skip - Sorry, just leaving for a meeting and read (scanned) your post, so I may not even be on topic for what you're ACTUALLY asking, but have you tried the Firefox add-on "Downloadthemall" (http://www.downthemall.net/). I think maybe it's what you're talking about...

Sorry...gotta run, be back in an hour!

3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Thanks Becca, not sure that is it. I guess I can download Quicktime Pro, but it is pricey. I downloaded Realdownloader on my Mac, but it works a lot differently on the Mac than on my Windows machine. I will check it out. Thanks kiddo.