1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Magic Bands and parent swap

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Vikki, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

I was just wondering what's going to happen to parent swap now that magic bands are being rolled out. What we used to do (by trying the beat the system a bit), would be to get a fast pass for say, Ben and me, then we would go up to the queue and get a parent swap. Ben and I would ride with the fast passes, and then Ben would go on again with Anthony. Sometimes we'd leave the parent swap pass till later in the day as well. That would leave Anthony with a 'spare' fastpass to use.

Does anyone know if parent swap is going to stay or might it be going away? When we next visit, Ava won't be big enough for some rides still, so both parents will want to ride. Will we be able to get a parent swap so Ben can ride with both of us (one at a time), or not?

I've heard this asked on a couple of podcasts now, but nobody seems to know the answer. Maybe it's too early to tell....

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I haven't heard anything, but I can't see that they will stop the parent swap system they have now. It would cause them to have too much bad press.