1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Magic Kingdom rides

Discussion in 'General' started by bubbles, Jan 29, 2011.

1. bubbles

bubbles Earning my ears

Hello.
    I'd appreciate any help you might be able to give me on planning a trip to Disney World.
    I will try and post my many questions in the right places but, if I get it wrong, please forgive me.

There is just me and my husband going. I've heard the rides at magic kingdom are for young children only. So, is it worth us going to this park? Will we be bored here? What will there be to do for adults?
  2. arkvilla

arkvilla Addicted to Mickey

You won't be bored, it's a lovely experience and is so big most people need more than 1 day to see everything.

We bought a book years ago in WHSmith called Top 10 Orlando and we thought it was a really good glimpse into Florida, not just the parks but offsite stuff as well

Sandra
  3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I'm an adult (allegedly! :lol:) and The Magic Kingdom is my favourite park and it was the same before I had children. You can pretty much do everything there as adults and you can't beat the parade and the evening parade and the fantastic Wishes fireworks over the castle at the end of the day! :)
  4. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

When you get to the Magic Kingdome you will feel like a kid :yes: There are a few things that are geared more for the little ones, but for the most part all of the rides and attractions are geared for everyone :thumbsup:
  5. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

oh I love it there and although there are many rides which are quite young in spirit there are many shows and rides which adults can appreciate too. Haunted mansion, phiharmagic and many many more :) don't give it a second thought, go and have fun :)
  6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

My DW and I are frequently at WDW by ourselves. MK is almost always the first park we visit. There is LOTS to do there for a couple of adults.
  7. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: As one of the older members here I can tell you I love the MK! I can't do thehigh octane rides like Space Mountain but I love Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress,Micky's Philharmagic,Buzz Lightyeareven the Jungle Cruise! I know I'm missing some too! I love the Christmas Shop and Main Street all lit up at night :yes:
  8. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Don't forget "Splash Mountain" and "Big Thunder Mountain Railroad"! :thumbsup:

Yes, adults can have a wonderful time at the Magic Kingdom! My DW and I do and it's just the two of us and we're both, shall we say, well past the age of majority! :ROFL:

Tom :)macwave:... and the "Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"!)
  9. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:point::ROFL::ROFL::hug2::yes:
  10. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

If you're adults, I'd seriously recommend the 'Keys to the Kingdom Tour' - although do it on your second day visiting the park - I wouldn't want to deprive you of that 'first walk into MK' feeling.

It goes through some of the finer points of the park and you really get an idea for the amount of attention to detail there is. After that, the park takes on a new role.

The tour needs to be pre-booked and is around $50 per adults from memory, that includes lunch. If I recall correctly, the number to call is WDW-TOUR, or similar and the tour runs on specific days, like wednesdays and one other day each week.

Even if you don't choose the tour, you'll love the park - everyone does.
  11. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Oh we love MK too and never felt like if it was for kids (althogh we are big kids ourselves!)

Once you ride space mountain and Big Thunder Rail Road you would feel like big kid! :mental:
  12. chief

chief Earning my ears

i agree with that:yes: lol
    who is mor exited me or the kids! [me]:tongue: