1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Magical express or a taxi?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by DisneyAddict, Mar 13, 2009.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

Hiya all do you use the free disney service these days or do you prefer a taxi service? I like the idea of free :taunt: but worried about how long it will take to get to the hotel and how long to get our bags :( some people have told me that bags often go missing as well

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think many of our members here use the Magical Express without a problem. :yes: It's not a huge delay, although you will travel to more than one resort. You can always hope that your resort will be the first! :yes: :D

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Missing bags are less of an issue now that when DME first began service. And they're quite good at locating them and delivering them. Just be sure you take what you need for the first 24 hour in your carry-on bag--a good precaution any time you travel. :)

If not taking DME, I would consider a towncar service over a taxi. Cleaner, more comfortable and a guaranteed rate. They also will include a grocery stop (Publix--they won't stop at WalMart or Target) of 20 or 30 minutes if you request it when booking. Some also offer a free 5-minute international call so you can advise family and friends that you have arrived safely. :) Every company has it's own policies, so be sure to research what is best for you.

4. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I love DME!